Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe moderately or smaller sized fighters have better skills/techniques?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe moderately or smaller sized fighters have better skills/techniques?

Originally posted by cameronpaul View Post
    for the main reason that i think lighter weighted fighters seem to have better technqiue. same in all sports.
    What he said is interesting and has me thinking. If you believe it to be true, why so?

I think smaller guys tend to be faster and have better body control.

Comment

They tend to look prettier because it's easier to control that much less mass. That's why Ali is so incredible. He fights like a welterweight with a clearly heavyweight body.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        What he said is interesting and has me thinking. If you believe it to be true, why so?
        They are less powerful, & so do less damage, even weight-for-weight, than the heavier boys. You play to your strengths, & just as the Heavies rely primarily on power & force, developing themselves to maximise those attributes, so will the smaller guys work to enhance & accentuate their speed & fluidity.

In this sense, you could look at Boxing across the board & say, "Generally, yes, the smaller men have better technique & skills, & yes, that is related to their size."

However, if there is an implication that the smaller you are means the more likely you are to have better techniques or skills, I would refute that. It is upto the individual which skills they learn, how finely they develope them, & which techniques they master. Size doesn't come into the equation in that sense.

Comment

Working...
        X