Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Ali never learn how to box properly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Ali never learn how to box properly?

????????????

It ended up working out pretty well for him, didn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      ????????????
      tagged the greatest and probably the most popular boxer to walk the face of this earth...yeh I'd say it worked out for him too

Comment

He did have a unique style I remember hearing at one point that he trained with a guy that Ali adopted some of his ideas on how to box. I can't remember this boxers name though, If I remember correctly this guy was spanish looking.

Plus although Ali was a boxing genius he was actually labeled a slow learner when he was younger. He likely procesed iformation differently then average. This may of allowed him to box differently then most people and be succesful at it. I have heard that Ali's style has ruined many boxers trying to emulate him.
        Last edited by Holtol; 01-03-2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Define box properly?

Isn't success in the sport you represent highlighted by the fact you must be doing it correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
            He did have a unique style I remember hearing at one point that he trained with a guy that Ali adopted some of his ideas on how to box. I can't remember this boxers name though, If I remember correctly this guy was spanish looking.
            him.
            You're thinking of Luis Rodriguez, Ali used to idolize him and copy his moves.
            Last edited by NChristo; 01-03-2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              You're thinking of Luis Rodriguez, Ali used to idolize him and copy his moves.
              That could be the name and if im not mistaken he worked with Ali for a little while showing the in's and out's of how he liked to box.

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
                That could be the name and if im not mistaken he worked with Ali for a little while showing the in's and out's of how he liked to box.
                Yeah they was at the Fifth Street Gym together for quite a long time.

Comment

That's like asking why Mariano Rivera doesn't throw a "proper" fastball.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                    That's like asking why Mariano Rivera doesn't throw a "proper" fastball.
                    He did. It was 98. He's just lost a lot of steam on it so he relies more on the cutter. JAB, if you want to delete this post, go ahead, but I can't even see the words Mariano Rivera without something to say about it. As far as I'm concerned, he's the God of Pitching.

Comment

Working...
                    X