No announcement yet.

when you choose a fight or fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when you choose a fight or fighter

When you go to your fight-film collection to choose a fight to watch who is your No1 fighter who you enjoy watching and which fights do you watch.... i have a huge fight-film collection yet fighters like Ali, Foreman, Hagler, Leonard who are superstars of this sport i very rarely choose to watch, instead i prefer fighters like:

Bobby Chacon
    Gene Fullmer
    Bazooka Limon
    Big John Tate
    Mike"Bounty"Hunter
    Juan Roldan
    Frank"The Animal"Fletcher
    Caveman`Lee
    Thomas Hearns
    Jerry Quarry
    Eddie Perkins
    Harold Johnson
    Tony Sibson
    Charlie Magri
    Kevin Finnigan
    Buster Mathis
    Kirkland Laing
    Buster Douglas

Who are your favorites to watch

I enjoy watching these fighters the most.

Joe Louis: Because he's a boxing textbook and amazing finisher
    Tommy Hearns: Great Boxer and Puncher
    Sugar Ray Robinson: Also a Boxing Textbook
    Sugar Ray Leonard: Slick and Classy
    Willie Pep: Like a clever pick-pocket
    Jersey Joe Walcott: Master of cleverness and subtlety

Comment

I just literally never tire of these fellas & their handiwork...

Gene Tunney
      Wilfred Benitez
      Pernell Whitaker
      Evander Holyfield
      Erik Morales

These are probably my most watched.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
        When you go to your fight-film collection to choose a fight to watch who is your No1 fighter who you enjoy watching and which fights do you watch.... i have a huge fight-film collection yet fighters like Ali, Foreman, Hagler, Leonard who are superstars of this sport i very rarely choose to watch, instead i prefer fighters like:

Bobby Chacon
        Gene Fullmer
        Bazooka Limon
        Big John Tate
        Mike"Bounty"Hunter
        Juan Roldan
        Caveman`Lee
        Thomas Hearns
        Jerry Quarry
        Eddie Perkins
        Harold Johnson
        Tony Sibson
        Charlie Magri
        Kevin Finnigan
        Buster Mathis
        Kirkland Laing
        Buster Douglas

I am like you in that guys like Lenoard, Ali, Foreman, Hagler do not do anything for me.

I watch Naseem Hamed, Oscar DLH, Floyd Patterson, Mike Tyson, Joe Frazier, Jack Dempsey, Aaron Pryor and Terry Norris on a weekly basis. I like explosive offensive fighters as I find them the most entertaining and that's why I watch boxing, to be entertained.

Comment

I'm not a fan at all of watching attacking, swarming fighters (the guys that most people find the most exciting). I prefer watching chess matches, fights that are won and lost with strategy and thinking rather than raw ability and power. I don't like fights where one guy can end the fight in a heartbeat.

There is hardly a strawweight, flyweight, or bantamweight I don't enjoy watching; Ricardo Lopez is my favorite fighter of all time to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post

Bobby Chacon
            Gene Fullmer
            Bazooka Limon
            Big John Tate
            Mike"Bounty"Hunter
            Juan Roldan
            Caveman`Lee
            Thomas Hearns
            Jerry Quarry
            Eddie Perkins
            Harold Johnson
            Tony Sibson
            Charlie Magri
            Kevin Finnigan
            Buster Mathis
            Kirkland Laing
            Buster Douglas

I dont know who half of those guys are, but I agree sibson is fun to watch.

I like Naseem and the crazy-ass Baer brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
              I'm not a fan at all of watching attacking, swarming fighters (the guys that most people find the most exciting). I prefer watching chess matches, fights that are won and lost with strategy and thinking rather than raw ability and power. I don't like fights where one guy can end the fight in a heartbeat.

There is hardly a strawweight, flyweight, or bantamweight I don't enjoy watching; Ricardo Lopez is my favorite fighter of all time to watch.
              Guys who swarm and brawl are strategising just as much as anyone else. That's the way they are most likely to win. They don't have the same coordination, reflexes and talent others have and so they work out how best to fight other guys and what will make them more likely to win.

I'm kind of joking though....I know exactly what you mean and agree.

My favourite fighters are aggressive counter punchers. Sanvador Sanchez, James Toney, Roberto Duran, Ricardo Lopez, Juan M Marquez, Ezzard Charles, J. Joe Walcott, Azumah Nelson, Ike Quartey etc etc etc.

Like Sonny though, I will often bring out the great brawls of Chacon, Mancini, Arguello, Olivares, Jeff Fenech, Limon, Edwards, Saad, etc.

Comment

Fernando Vargas- Warrior

Comment

Erik Morales
                  James Toney
                  Tommy Hearns
                  Juan Diaz

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez is my favorite because of his skill and courage, but I like Cotto's patiently deadly offense a lot too. Barrera's serial-killer intensity really appeals to me, too. He's just stone cold and a badass.

Comment

Working...
                    X