Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Rocky Marciano VS Prime Floyd Patterson, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marciano's defense at close range is better than most people think, floyd would have to keep rocky on the outside at the end of his punches. i agree with what jabs and a couple of the other guys said, floyd would oubox rocky for 5 or 6 rounds then get stopped by a big right hand. patterson's chin wasn't great, he got stopped by ingemar johansson who wasn't as hard a hitter. with marciano all it takes is one punch, and patterson can't get through a 15 round or even 12 round fight without making the one mistake that puts him on the canvas

Comment

It's Maidana-Khan at a much higher class. Same result, too - close, contestable fight where the losing fighter ends up probably doing more damage. Marciano doesn't go down in the first round, though, I'll tell you that.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        It's Maidana-Khan at a much higher class. Same result, too - close, contestable fight where the losing fighter ends up probably doing more damage. Marciano doesn't go down in the first round, though, I'll tell you that.
        LOL.

No, I don't think he'll go down in the 1st round either. Or the 15th. Patterson had reasonable power but not enough for Marciano. I think the only questions are: 1. could he pick up enough rounds for a decision and 2. could he survive the championship rounds. I can see Patterson winning 8 or even 9 of the first 10 rounds. BUT I don't see him doing so without getting tagged enough times to slow him down. And come rounds 10, 11, 12, 13 I see him getting KOed.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
          LOL.

No, I don't think he'll go down in the 1st round either. Or the 15th. Patterson had reasonable power but not enough for Marciano. I think the only questions are: 1. could he pick up enough rounds for a decision and 2. could he survive the championship rounds. I can see Patterson winning 8 or even 9 of the first 10 rounds. BUT I don't see him doing so without getting tagged enough times to slow him down. And come rounds 10, 11, 12, 13 I see him getting KOed.
          I forgot that it would be a 15 rounder and that changes my prediction. Marciano wears out Patterson in the late rounds and ends it with a brutal knockout. Say what you want about his skill, but good God could he punch and he wouldn't ever give up, even if he was down 14-0 with three knockdowns in the 15th.

Comment

Marciano would eventually knock him out. He was a cardio machine.

Besides, Floyd had a weak chin and Marciano is considered by many one of the biggest punchers of all time. So Floyd would be in a clear disadvantage in this one

Comment

2 of my fav HW's of all time. I gotta say as a fan of both, marciano by late K.O., but patterson had a good chance as well.

patterson might just be too fast, but rockys chin was amazing.

Comment

Working...
              X