Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did you have Winky Wright ranked P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the best pure blocking defenses of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
      One of the best pure blocking defenses of all time.
      sounds to me like a good thread title

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        I don't really understand your point. "Winning rounds" is subjective, so if it looks like he won a round to you, he did. He might get out-worked and out-landed, but if you think his aggression was more effective, he wins. Now his strategy and tactics are very effective at blunting his opponent's aggression. I think that that ability can cost him rounds that he might think he won and I might think he won. A lot of people just scored aggressiveness, not effective aggressiveness.
        I watched the Winky Wright vs Bernard Hopkins fight again, and I still think Wright won. I think more people think Hopkins won the fight including the judges. Hopkins is very smart and knows how to make people believe what he wants them to. For instance one poster said Hopkins did not land any punches but won just by the way he beat him up. How do you win a boxing match this way?
        Last edited by Holtol; 12-22-2010, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
          I thought he was one of the best I don't pay to much attention to p4p though. I thought he beat Taylor and Hopkins also.
          I agree. It's hard too place somebody in pound for pound when they are constantly avoided. He beat the brakes off Taylor, that was some of the worst judging to date.

Comment

Working...
          X