Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apart from Ali, who else do you think could beat Sonny Liston.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irishdude View Post
    A prime Liston VS prime Frazier is a draw IMO. Frazier would keep coming forward, bobbing a weaving, I can't see Listons jab hurting Fraziers mobile head. When Frazier catches Liston with a clean left hook, Liston would never have felt anything like that before. But I feel Listons power will get him places, and he took Cleveland Williams best shots before aswell.

I can see Foreman beating him. If they were to fight, it would be a slugfest, and I don't think anyone beats Foreman in a slugfest. Though if Liston takes a different plan and stays on the outside with the jab, he can hit Foremans immobile head. Before Ali-Liston 2, Liston was never down and Foreman was only ever down twice in 80 fights, hard to decide!

Liston-Holyfield would be a great fight IMO, can't split the two.
    As a professional, Foreman was down four times, not two. He was floored twice in the one fight, if that's what you're thinking of.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot about Lyle! I only remembered Ali + Jimmy Young.

One of Listons main weapons in his arsenal was intimidation. If that didn't work, who know what would happen.

Comment

Whilst Frazier was past prime against Foreman I don't think Liston is a good match up for him. When a fight turns into a slugfest I'm backing Liston, he is going to struggle againt fighters like Tunney. With that jab there arn't too many I'd be confident putting too much money on v Liston

Comment

Working...
        X