Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tarver vs Hopkins: What should Tarver of done differently?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarver vs Hopkins: What should Tarver of done differently?

1: I think he should of tried to get the ref to clamp down on Hopkins constant holding. That would of given him at least a chance to land more counters

Thoughts please

Well he said the weight cut affected him after doing Rocky, but these not really much he could of done differently, Hopkins just outclassed him.

Comment

Originally posted by GALACTUS View Post
      Fought Roy Jones again instead? :thinking9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Bag View Post
        Well he said the weight cut affected him after doing Rocky, but these not really much he could of done differently, Hopkins just outclassed him.
        I agree, and I think that fight will keep Tarver out of the HOF.

Comment

Well he said the weight cut affected him after doing Rocky,
          I thought he was poisoned? lol
          but these not really much he could of done differently, Hopkins just outclassed him.
          I completely agree, he was simply outclassed. He would of given himself a chance if he listened to McGirt, but he was refusing to do even that

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            Fought Roy Jones again instead? :thinking9:

Poet
            lol
            Those three fights were terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              I agree, and I think that fight will keep Tarver out of the HOF.
              Lampley said the same thing during the fight. Ive never been too sure what to make of Tarver, he tended to be a very hit and miss type of fighter

Comment

Originally posted by IronMike* View Post

Thoughts please
                Won the fight?
                Last edited by BennyST; 12-16-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I don't know if Tarver could have done anything in the ring to change the outcome against Hopkins, but previous to the fight he put on alot of weight for the Rocky movie. I remember during an interview he was asked if dropping alot of weight would affect him in his upcoming bout with Hopkins and he said no and he was going to prove alot of weight loss doesn't make a difference because he kept hearing how it ruined Jones Jr. Tarver dropped all the weight and proceeded to look lethargic against Hopkins. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
                    I don't know if Tarver could have done anything in the ring to change the outcome against Hopkins, but previous to the fight he put on alot of weight for the Rocky movie. I remember during an interview he was asked if dropping alot of weight would affect him in his upcoming bout with Hopkins and he said no and he was going to prove alot of weight loss doesn't make a difference because he kept hearing how it ruined Jones Jr. Tarver dropped all the weight and proceeded to look lethargic against Hopkins. LOL
                    Tarver always looked lethargic. I don't think it had as much to do with the outcome as some like to think.

Comment

Working...
                    X