No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    I think I had Pascal in the picks contest, but the closer the fight got the more I favored Hop. The difference between this and the Jones fight was that Bernard really had nothing to lose here and seemed much more relaxed leading up to the fight. If he lost this, he was an old man. If he lost to Jones not only would it be the second time, but it would have been to a guy lesser fighters had already exposed as not being great any more. Thats how I read it anyway.

Here's a little trivia that I just read. The last time Hopkins got dropped twice he also got a draw in his opponents hometown. The Mercado fight in Equador, which was also on Showtime.

Comment

The five point head start Hopkins gave Pascal at the start ultimately cost him. From there Pascal only needed two of the remaining nine rounds to get a draw and he probably just scraped them. Hopkins' performance was worthy of the win though. It was amazing to see him dominate a young, strong champion over the last 2/3rds of the fight. I hope Pascal gives him a rematch.
      Last edited by Kid McCoy; 12-19-2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I had the fight scored 8-3-1 Hopkins and my fiancé scored it 9-3 Hopkins. My friend from the gym had it 8-4 Hopkins. I think Hopkins got robbed. After round 5 pascal looked 45 instead of Bhop. And I ain't a Hopkins fan.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
          I had the fight scored 8-3-1 Hopkins and my fiancé scored it 9-3 Hopkins. My friend from the gym had it 8-4 Hopkins. I think Hopkins got robbed. After round 5 pascal looked 45 instead of Bhop. And I ain't a Hopkins fan.
          Your fiancé is into boxing, wow that's awesome.

Comment

So with all the big fights done, what did the history section think of this year of boxing?

Comment

Slow and mostly full of disappointment apart from a handful of very good fights.

Hasn't been the best year unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                Slow and mostly full of disappointment apart from a handful of very good fights.

Hasn't been the best year unfortunately.
                Obviously he big fights didn't get made which was disappointing, but we saw some pretty good stuff imo, the bantamweights have been thoroughly entertaining, interesting things have happened in the middleweight division(Martinez beating Pavlik, Pirog KOing Jacobs, Williams getting KO'ed), and the last 2 months have been excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
                  Obviously he big fights didn't get made which was disappointing, but we saw some pretty good stuff imo, the bantamweights have been thoroughly entertaining, interesting things have happened in the middleweight division(Martinez beating Pavlik, Pirog KOing Jacobs, Williams getting KO'ed), and the last 2 months have been excellent.
                  Yeah can always count on the Bantams.
                  November was definitely highlight of the year just wish that there was more leading up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Your fiancé is into boxing, wow that's awesome.
                    Her father used to be heavy into it. And if I want to steroetype, she's Irish. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                      Her father used to be heavy into it. And if I want to steroetype, she's Irish. Lol
                      lol and congrats on your engagement.

Comment

Working...
                      X