No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GJC View Post
    Talented fighter for sure, don't care much for him but I think thats an old fogie thing.
    Problem is I just feel that when his is done we are all going to wonder what might have been with him. He needs the Pac fight, I think whoever wins or loses it will enhance both of them but I think Mayweather needs it more.
    Nah GJC im 26 and cant stand the clown! Yeah for all his accomplishments and talent there will be a great sense of what could have been, he may well be the biggest achieving underachiever ever if he bails out without some more tough fights - ie - PACMAN.

Floyd needs Manny more than Manny needs Floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      Nah GJC im 26 and cant stand the clown! Yeah for all his accomplishments and talent there will be a great sense of what could have been, he may well be the biggest achieving underachiever ever if he bails out without some more tough fights - ie - PACMAN.

Floyd needs Manny more than Manny needs Floyd
      Pacquiao isn't exactly been tested his last few fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        Pacquiao isn't exactly been tested his last few fights.
        No i know, he needs to up his game too but i feel history will be alot kinder to Pacman than Mayweather, Manny fought Cotto and Margarito while Floyd ducked em for example. And public support seems to favour Pacquaio too.

Im not a big Manny Pac guy either if im honest

Comment

• So it looks like Erik Morales could fight Marcos Maidana next. That will surely produce fireworks. But is Morales (Who in his prime was 122lb) & who is now 34 years of age, strong & fresh enough to keep someone like Maidana off him?

Morales hasn't really set the world alight on his comeback, and hasn't shown he can beat a fighter of Maidana'd caliber. Maidana will have a big strength advanatge in this one.

But would like to see Erik do it do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy Bag View Post
            So it looks like Erik Morales could fight Marcos Maidana next. That will surely produce fireworks. But is Morales (Who in his prime was 122lb) & who is now 34 years of age, strong & fresh enough to keep someone like Maidana off him?

Morales hasn't really set the world alight on his comeback, and hasn't shown he can beat a fighter of Maidana'd caliber. Maidana will have a big strength advanatge in this one.

But would like to see Erik do it do.
            I think Morales could do it. If there is good odds, I may bet big.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              I think Morales could do it. If there is good odds, I may bet big.
              I really don't know. Like I said Maidana would have alot of big advantages over Morales, size, youth, power, And Morales really hasn't shown me than he could take out a fighter of Maidana's caliber on his comeback either.

He didn't look all that good beating 35-8 Francisco Lorenzo last time out on decision. And he is also undersized at 140lb.

I would be fairly shocked if he beat Maidana.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy Bag View Post
                I really don't know. Like I said Maidana would have alot of big advantages over Morales, size, youth, power, And Morales really hasn't shown me than he could take out a fighter of Maidana's caliber on his comeback either.

He didn't look all that good beating 35-8 Francisco Lorenzo last time out on decision. And he is also undersized at 140lb.

I would be fairly shocked if he beat Maidana.
                Hagler vs Leonard 2.0? lol.

It's a definite possibility especially if Maidina get's cocky Morales' experience could carry him through.

Comment

• If Morales wins i'll be Very very surprised! I hope he does im a huge huge fan and dont particularly care for Maidana but lets be honest Morales isnt on the slide, he has been shot to ***** for years! Marcos is bigger and stronger and by far the harder puncher at 140

Maidana is knocking Erik out im afraid

Comment

• Maidana is a poor fighter but even then he should beat Morales, fight should not be going down but boxing is boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      Maidana is a poor fighter but even then he should beat Morales, fight should not be going down but boxing is boxing.
                      Spot on post Rube

Comment

Working...
                      X