No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Holt looked good even if it was against a Bum and he could cause a guy like Amir Khan serious problems. Those two HW's forgot their names, was decent good KO. And sky never showed anything else of the undercard

Main event was a bit of a let down, i thought Bradley did his thing but Alexander didnt engage as much as id hoped and he flat out quit imo, he gave that doctor no choice but to stop it and even before that the distress signals were there. I never scored it but felt Bradley was the boss in there the stronger fighter and the one guy who brought it and pushed his man back, worthy winner. On the butts, i dont think Tim is a dirty fighter but he certainly dont try to alter what he does and mabey he shouldnt, last night i felt the clashes were 50/50
    The Holt KO was good but, he needs to rack up one or two more good wins to re-establish himself before fighting Khan in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      The Holt KO was good but, he needs to rack up one or two more good wins to re-establish himself before fighting Khan in my opinion.
      Probably but i just think he has the range/speed/power combination to trouble Amir. I think Khan beats everyone at 140 if im honest but Holt would be a challenge

Comment

Probably but i just think he has the range/speed/power combination to trouble Amir. I think Khan beats everyone at 140 if im honest but Holt would be a challenge
        Well he needs to fight Bradley or Alexander eventually. Holt has good KO power which could trouble Amir as you say but, Amirs chin has held up well in this division and while he will need to eat a few shots he could box his way to a decision with those fast hands.

Comment

• I don't think Holt will be effective at 140 anymore he should fight at WW he can become a contender in the weak division. I think were all in agreement that Bradley was clearly winning, I thought his defence looked good, particularly his body movement. Bradley has caused headbutts before by leading with his head but I felt last night that he wasn't being wreckless with his dome, they all seemed perfectly accidental to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            Well he needs to fight Bradley or Alexander eventually. Holt has good KO power which could trouble Amir as you say but, Amirs chin has held up well in this division and while he will need to eat a few shots he could box his way to a decision with those fast hands.
            Other Maidana who he has already beat i think Vic Ortiz is Khans toughest fight in terms of styles. But Khan beats him, Ortiz is mentally weak and Khan having beat the man who beat him plus having the AM win over him would give him a big mental challenge to overcome

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
              I don't think Holt will be effective at 140 anymore he should fight at WW he can become a contender in the weak division. I think were all in agreement that Bradley was clearly winning, I thought his defence looked good, particularly his body movement. Bradley has caused headbutts before by leading with his head but I felt last night that he wasn't being wreckless with his dome, they all seemed perfectly accidental to me.
              Yeah u had to be impressed with Bradleys defence its very under rated. He's just an excellent fighter. He has one of the Best attitudes in the game

Im a fan, i like him but i was ready to really get on the wagon last night but he failed to really sparkle even tho he won against a top opponent

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                I don't think Holt will be effective at 140 anymore he should fight at WW he can become a contender in the weak division. I think were all in agreement that Bradley was clearly winning, I thought his defence looked good, particularly his body movement. Bradley has caused headbutts before by leading with his head but I felt last night that he wasn't being wreckless with his dome, they all seemed perfectly accidental to me.
                That last one looked really intentional to me. I had it scored as a draw, but I was rooting for Alexander so take that as you will. But objectively, it did look like Bradley threw his head into the last one - and then Devon played it up. He got hit on the other side of the face. Grossly disappointing fight all around.

Comment

• Bradley came out of this fight looking okay, but Alexander didn't do himself any favors with his fighting style and his refusal to fight with an injury. Lucky for Devon HBO was stupid enough to guarantee him another million dollar payday on their network. HBO will probably try to make him fight Maidana.

Comment

First off let me say i openly dislike Mayweather.

Floyd Mayweather has more talent than most of the boxers around today combined tho and i wanna see the Pac man clash as much as the next guy but theres only one winner there in my eyes and thats Floyd Mayweather! This guy started his career off fighting good fighters and taking risks as he has grown tho he has fought infrequently and against opposition that can be called less than satisfactory. Why hasnt a Pac fight happend (rhetorical question!) and why didnt bouts with Tszyu, Margarito and Cotto come off? He hasnt engaged with the best at their best late in his career and with Pacquaio lighting the world up its hurting Floyds legacy bad. He will make the Hall and he is the most skilled fighter on the planet BUT he has disapointed badly and if he had fought the right fights and enough of them i feel he could have been one of the TRUE TRUE GREATS and its sad that he hasnt had that thirst for immortality. He is still operating at or very near his prime tho so he could still do something special but if he never fights again or continues to but against guys like Spadafora who i hear he is rumoured to face next (just rumoured) then what a waste. Thoughts on Floyd Mayweather and his place in history?
                    bump........

Comment

First off let me say i openly dislike Mayweather.

Floyd Mayweather has more talent than most of the boxers around today combined tho and i wanna see the Pac man clash as much as the next guy but theres only one winner there in my eyes and thats Floyd Mayweather! This guy started his career off fighting good fighters and taking risks as he has grown tho he has fought infrequently and against opposition that can be called less than satisfactory. Why hasnt a Pac fight happend (rhetorical question!) and why didnt bouts with Tszyu, Margarito and Cotto come off? He hasnt engaged with the best at their best late in his career and with Pacquaio lighting the world up its hurting Floyds legacy bad. He will make the Hall and he is the most skilled fighter on the planet BUT he has disapointed badly and if he had fought the right fights and enough of them i feel he could have been one of the TRUE TRUE GREATS and its sad that he hasnt had that thirst for immortality. He is still operating at or very near his prime tho so he could still do something special but if he never fights again or continues to but against guys like Spadafora who i hear he is rumoured to face next (just rumoured) then what a waste. Thoughts on Floyd Mayweather and his place in history?
                      Talented fighter for sure, don't care much for him but I think that's an old fogey thing.
                      Problem is I just feel that when his is done we are all going to wonder what might have been with him. He needs the Pac fight, I think whoever wins or loses it will enhance both of them but I think Mayweather needs it more.

Comment

Working...
                      X