Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is not the end of Paul Williams, but it is the end of a career and our privilege of watching him fight.

Considering the man he is, he wll continue to fight an everyday battle now, and I truly hope that he is able to walk again. From the looks of things it sounds improbable but he is the kind of man that can make the improbable happen.

As of now it is great to hear that he is alive and seemingly well aside from the paralyzing injury. That seems like small hope to a man who only yesterday used to be a great athlete in prime physical condition but there have been many others including people I personally know that have moved on with their life despite injuries.

Life has to be taken as it comes and should never go unappreciated. One accident took place and everything changed for him. Hopefully Williams gets the strength to go on from all this support along with him being the man he is.
    Last edited by TheGreatA; 05-28-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• walter mathysse
      sharmba mitchell
      antonio margarito
      quintana twice
      verno phillips
      winky wright
      sergio martinez
      cintron
      martinez
      lara
      ishida

one of the toughest runs in boxing since '06

i was a bonafide fan after his fight with walter mathysse, who was mean as hell, undefeated and could punch. williams took his best on the chin and eventually got to him.

i hope he can still be happy
      i'd be bitter for the rest of my life.

if anybody can make it through this it's paul williams.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        If it's possible, Paul will walk again. He's that kind of person, with that kind of heart. Horrible news.

i dont want to sound negative, but i heard that his spine was completely severed
        i'm not a doctor, but i dont think he's ever going to walk again.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          i dont want to sound negative, but i heard that his spine was completely severed

I'm sure everyone here has tremendous respect for Paul's fighting heart. But sadly, there are some things that the human body can't recover from.

Comment

walter mathysse
            sharmba mitchell
            antonio margarito
            quintana twice
            verno phillips
            winky wright
            sergio martinez
            cintron
            martinez
            lara
            ishida

one of the toughest runs in boxing since '06

i was a bonafide fan after his fight with walter mathysse, who was mean as hell, undefeated and could punch. williams took his best on the chin and eventually got to him.

i hope he can still be happy
            i'd be bitter for the rest of my life.

if anybody can make it through this it's paul williams.
            He was the most fan friendly guaranteed fighter in the sport for years IMO. He may be forgotten one day, but not by me.

Comment

• Damn. That's incredibly sad. What an awful weekend for boxing

Comment

Hoped for the best, but after hearing the recent news, it doesn't sound possible. It's going to be very, very tough for him to deal with.

Comment

• “When you are in the ring with a real champion, you know it, and Paul Williams was a very great champion, in every sense of the word. Paul and his family are in my thoughts and prayers through this very difficult time.”
                  Sergio Martinez

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    “When you are in the ring with a real champion, you know it, and Paul Williams was a very great champion, in every sense of the word. Paul and his family are in my thoughts and prayers through this very difficult time.”
                    Sergio Martinez

awesome stuff from maravilla

two top class dudes

classy as hell

i'm glad paul was so smart with his money
                    he's a sound businessman. he can do whatever the hell he wants with the rest of his life. it doesn't have to be all about boxing with these guys, even though they've put in work to be boxers for their entire lives and they were born to box with their physical gifts.

i'd love to see williams charter fishing. there's good money in that if you've got the right location, boat, and clientele
                    and it's fun as hell.

and of course he is a gifted and lifelong athlete
                    these guys have been breaking down and rebuilding their bodies since they were little kids. if anybody can make steps beyond what is expected of his recovery it's a great athlete like williams.

christ i'm gonna miss that kid fighting. that's selfish and petty of me to say, but it's the truth. i just loved watching him fight.

where the hell are we going to find another 6'3" WW-MW, with a HW reach, who fights at a middle distance and throws 100 punches a round?
                    oh and with a great chin?
                    perfect storm of a unique action fighter.

Comment

• Just rewatched Williams vs Margarito :'(

For some good news, Cloud is fighting Pascal

Comment

Working...
                      X