No announcement yet.

Trainers who have imprinted a specific style unto their fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trainers who have imprinted a specific style unto their fighters

Which trainers have the most imprinted a very specific style unto their fighters ?

Some trainers build a fighter with what is already there, improving this and that, correcting this and that, while others, like Cus d'Amato or the Mayweathers for example, seem to imprint their own methodic style unto the fighters they train. It's not just an ordinary influence or the result of the teachings of a unique man, it's more than that, and you see it through the similarities between the fighters under the guidance of a same trainer.

When you watch Torres, Tyson and Patterson, you know those guys all shared the same trainer, they're from the same cloth.

Other trainers who did that ? Thoughts ? Discuss.

when I saw the title the first trainer I thought of was Cus d'Amato and how Tyson/Torres/Patterson all used that peekaboo guard

Nacho Beristain seems to have that type of influence on his fighters as well, they're all pretty accurate punchers that throw combos really well

Ricardo Lopez/Juan Manuel Marquez/Rafael Marquez

it looks like Jhonny Gonzalez has started to really buy into that system

Comment

Manny Steward really imposed his style on a few men...Tommy Hearns, Michael Moorer, Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Definitly Mayweather and Steward

Comment

Brendan Ingle - Naz Hamed, Herol Graham, Junior Witter & Johnny Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
            when I saw the title the first trainer I thought of was Cus d'Amato and how Tyson/Torres/Patterson all used that peekaboo guard

Nacho Beristain seems to have that type of influence on his fighters as well, they're all pretty accurate punchers that throw combos really well

Ricardo Lopez/Juan Manuel Marquez/Rafael Marquez

it looks like Jhonny Gonzalez has started to really buy into that system
            good observation

I couldn't really figure out if the Marquez bros almost fighting identically was due to the fact that they're brothers or that they have the same trainer, or both

but Gonzales and Lopez seal the deal, Beristain really imprints his style onto his fighters

notice how they bounce on their toes, how they keep their lead hand higher than normal and higher than their power hand, how they keep a respectable distance, and as you said, how they work off combination punching

on a side note, the girl branding her Corona publicity and trying to follow the camera from 00:33 to 00:48 is hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
              Manny Steward really imposed his style on a few men...Tommy Hearns, Michael Moorer, Lennox Lewis.
              but is it THE SAME STYLE ? I mean, Moorer, Lewis and Hearns, there aren't that many ressemblances between them

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                Definitly Mayweather and Steward
                all the Mayweathers

Jeff, Floyd Sr and Roger

the guys they train all use the shoulder roll and tend to become more counterpunchers

just take Sultan Ibragimov for example, when Jeff Mayweather started training him late in his short career, you could see a huge change in his style

Joan Guzman, Floyd Jr, De la Hoya when he hooked up with Floyd Sr, Forbes,...

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  I was just about to post that, lol

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    good pick, and what is very interesting in this case is that they're all unorthodox fighters

all very athletic, awkward and leading with power punches

I mean, how do you train a fighter to become awkward ?

very mysterious case

Comment

Working...
                    X