Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranking Harry Willis Over Mike Tyson, Can It Be Justified?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And no it cannot be justified

Comment

This myth of Tyson from 87-88 being the unbeatable GOAT really needs to be put to rest.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        This myth of Tyson from 87-88 being the unbeatable GOAT really needs to be put to rest.

Poet

I quite agree, I'd have several above him.

But coming back to the thread, I cant really find an argument for having Wills above Tyson as an ATG heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by David Haye View Post
          v Liston? - Tyson
          Originally posted by katsidis View Post
          v Liston? - Tyson
          Liston is a horrible, horrible match up for Tyson, honestly can't see many scenarios where Tyson would be able to handle a prime Liston.

Comment

I mean Tyson v Frazier who wins? - Frazier
            Tyson v Holmes who wins? - Holmes
            Tyson v Bowe? - Tyson
            Tyson v Patterson? - Tyson
            Tyson v marciano? Could go either way
            Tyson v lewis? - Could go either way
            v Klitischko? - Vitali wins
            v the other klitischko? - Tyson beats Wlad
            v Foreman? Foreman easy
            v Ali? - Ali (but would you put your life savings on it? I wouldn't bet my life savings on any sporting event where money is at stake, but I'd bet the farm on Ali)
            v Liston? - Liston easy
            v Joe Louis Louis easy
            v Max Bear? - Tyson
            v ken Norton? - Tyson, but not an easy fight
            v Jack Dempsey? - Could go either way

and lol Tyson v Harry Willis ?? Probably Tyson but Wills was a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              Liston is a horrible, horrible match up for Tyson, honestly can't see many scenarios where Tyson would be able to handle a prime Liston.
              Ok maybe I didn't really think that pick through. Now I see it I would pick Liston, bad style matchup for Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                I quite agree, I'd have several above him.

But coming back to the thread, I cant really find an argument for having Wills above Tyson as an ATG heavyweight.
                I personally have Tyson rated higher than Wills but what bothers me is this attitude of "Oh hell no" regarding even the POSSIBILITY of Wills being better. I have Tyson ranked 10th all-time at Heavyweight and Wills 12th: That isn't much of a difference and it wouldn't take much for them to swap places. Do people even know who Wills is? Or are they just buying into the Tyson myth (the hype-job of the century)?

Poet

Comment

Am not saying I would, but ranking Wills over Tyson can be justified in my opinion.

Comment

Another thing that annoys me with Tyson is Spinks is hailed as a great win yet, Haglers win over Hearns as claimed as "calling out smaller fighters so not that impressive."

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      I personally have Tyson rated higher than Wills but what bothers me is this attitude of "Oh hell no" regarding even the POSSIBILITY of Wills being better. I have Tyson ranked 10th all-time at Heavyweight and Wills 12th: That isn't much of a difference and it wouldn't take much for them to swap places. Do people even know who Wills is? Or are they just buying into the Tyson myth (the hype-job of the century)?

Poet

I think its a bit of both. The lack of film on Wills doesn't help.

I must admit I would have Wills lower than 12th. The top 20 places seem to run out very quickly when I start name juggling, but like you I'd have Tyson somewhere in the bottom of the top 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X