The One Heavyweight You Would Not Want To Face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great article, buuut...

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Sonny’s reputation has suffered somewhat because of his controversial matches against Muhammad Ali.

Somewhat??

In his time they were saying he was the next and maybe even better than Joe Louis, now we have a thread about him possibly losing to Frank Bruno.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Liston certainly defines intimidation in the ring, but I think Ali showed he was just a bully. Certainly not everyone could do to Liston what Ali did, but I think Ali showed Liston wasn't so intimidating when things didn't go his way in the ring.
    That's an unfair assessment of Liston on more than one level. Case in point for what I've said above
    Last edited by Capaedia; 08-09-2011, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
      Somewhat??

In his time they were saying he was the next and maybe even better than Joe Louis, now we have a thread about him possibly losing to Frank Bruno.
      Well, somewhat among people who generally know the sport pretty well. I wasn't factoring the ignant who don't know jack about anything prior to 1980. Or 1990. Or 2000. God only knows there's enough of them.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        Well, somewhat among people who generally know the sport pretty well. I wasn't factoring the ignant who don't know jack about anything prior to 1980. Or 1990. Or 2000. God only knows there's enough of them.

Poet
        Fair point actually

Comment

Well the one Heavyweight I would hate to meet in a back alley out-back of a Mob-Joint is Sonny LISTON,... I think I would die,... literally.

Comment

Working...
          X