Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy Morrison is underrated any one agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    I don't think Morrison is either underrated or overrated. He was an excellent offensive fighter, but his limitations would have always kept him below the highest levels. Summing it up, he was an interesting contender in a relatively strong heavyweight era. And no, he wouldn't beat the Klitschko's.

very good post and i agree with everything

except he might knock wladimir out

i think if wladimir gets through five or six rounds he'd set up a late stoppage and morrison would be in the same situation many wladimir opponents find themselves in late in the fight

but tommy had huge power and knew how to land it
    wladimir might have to get outside his shell a bit to slow morrison down and run the risk of getting tagged
    lesser punchers have stopped wladimir (though sanders and brewster are both huge hitters and certainly not far behind)

Comment

Klitschkos are great fighters like Lewis, most would lose to them.

Comment

Morrison was a lot of fun to have around. He was a monster puncher, and he could throw with both hands and in combination. He had a ton of heart.

He was also a very tense guy, and that was a big part of his stamina and chin issues. Tightness is a fighter's worst enemy, and he proved it.

He was a good fighter with some outstanding attributes and some tremendous, costly flaws. Someone on here called him a "joke", and that's way over the top- and just plain wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
          Morrison was one of the most excting heavyweights of the 90's, boxed rings around george foreman who a year later would become heavyweight champion of the world, morrison also knocked out heavyweight contenders james tills, carl wiiliams and razor ruddock, and knocked out former heavyweight champion pinklon thomas in a round, also the duke was WBO Heavyweight champion.
          Unfortunately I don't Think any of those guys were anywhere near top fighters apart from Foreman who was in his 40's. Tommy was value for money certainly, great to watch, but I don't know where people actually rank him, so I don't know whether he's under-rated or over-rated, outside the top 30 heavyweights I'd say.

Comment

Dunno if he's under or overrated or maybe just rated where he belongs (he did beat Foreman) but I saw a recent pic of him in the new RING magazine and I think if I bumped into him on the street, I would not recognize him. He looks VERY different than this guy...

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
              That's just an advanced version of the rope-a-dope.
              Lol,.................

Comment

Working...
              X