Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would a Prime Nigel Benn do against Super middleweights of today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would a Prime Nigel Benn do against Super middleweights of today?

In Benns prime he was the ultimate fighting machine. Great KO punching power and the heart of a lion. A two weight champion and a champion for 4 years proves he was a good champion. How would benn do against all the super middleweights of today?
    Ward
    Dirrell
    Kessler
    Froch
    Abraham
    Bute
    ?
    Benn
    57.14%
    Ward
    0.00%
    Bute
    28.57%
    Dirrell
    0.00%
    Froch
    0.00%
    Abraham
    14.29%
    Kessler
    0.00%

Originally posted by Stallone60 View Post
    In Benns prime he was the ultimate fighting machine. Great KO punching power and the heart of a lion. A two weight champion and a champion for 4 years proves he was a good champion. How would benn do against all the super middleweights of today?
    Ward
    Dirrell
    Kessler
    Froch
    Abraham
    Bute
    ?
    this is interesting.

benn, would have a hard time on ward and dirrel, IMO though. the two boxers i mentioned wouldnt engage with benn's style of fighting.

Comment

Benn would win some and lose some. But he would not have been outclassed by the guys listed. All would be winnable

He certainly would belong in the super six. Ward and Abraham would be particularly tough fights for him. Ward's skills could pose similar problems to Benn that Eubank did.

And you couldn't write off Abraham doing a Michael Watson on Benn after a slow start.

All the others are tough fights for Benn, but I think he would do well.

Comment

Ward
        Dirrell
        Kessler
        Froch
        Abraham
        Bute
        ?
        I think he could beat Froch quite easily, a quick war ending in Froch going to sleep around the 3rd!
        Kessler would be stopped late imo.
        Bute i think he could beat also
        Abraham im not sure about, pick em really but i might lean toward an Abraham KO of Benn
        Ward would UD him i think but u cant count Benn out of it
        Dirrell i dont know about, he wouldnt wanna mix it up wit Nige anyway but that boy is FAST!

Comment

Ward
          Dirrell
          Kessler
          Froch
          Abraham
          Bute
          ?
          I believe Benn would struggle with the boxer type on the list : Ward, Dirrell, Bute. He would likely have it his way with the rest of the guys.

Comment

Nigel Benn struggled with guys who could box & move

Comment

Working...
            X