No announcement yet.

Archie Moore vs Sugar ray Robinson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archie Moore vs Sugar ray Robinson?

This fight was close to happening a couple of times but always seemed to fall through, how do you see this fight going? i think robinson has the power and speed to knock archie out, archie couldnt really handle charley burley's speed or power, so i cant see him been able to take ray's, but you never know with moore and boxing math never really works out any ways.

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
    This fight was close to happening a couple of times but always seemed to fall through, how do you see this fight going? i think robinson has the power and speed to knock archie out, archie couldnt really handle charley burley's speed or power, so i cant see him been able to take ray's, but you never know with moore and boxing math never really works out any ways.
    Tough fight for Robinson this, especially at light heavyweight in the 50s when Ray was really only a middleweight.

I'd like to think that Ray could fight the perfect fight to beat Moore. But 15 rounds is a long time to take punches from a heavyhanded knockout artist so much naturally heavier than Ray.

I dont want to mention the Maxim fight as some pointer to how Ray would do.

This would be a very dangerous fight.........and the later into the 50s it came the worse for Ray.

Comment

Working...
    X