Gene Tunney a strong case he was the greatest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Tunney a strong case he was the greatest

http://cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/casey/MC_GTunney.htm

He was a terrific boxer. One of my all time faves!

Comment

That's a great article, thanks for posting.

Comment

Gene was a all time great, and one of the most skilled fighters of all time, but calling him the greatest fighter of all time, is going to far.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Bag View Post
          Gene was a all time great, and one of the most skilled fighters of all time, but calling him the greatest fighter of all time, is going to far.
          i was not calling him the greatest but a strong case can be made that he was

Comment

Certainly among the greatest dishes. Definitely top ten P4P material there. Good fighter too of course but that's not important.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              i was not calling him the greatest but a strong case can be made that he was
              Tunney was a all time great, but I have my douts whether a claim can even be made for him being the greatest fighter to lace on gloves on.

I can't really see how he ranks above the likes of Robinson, Armstrong, Langford, Duran, Greb, Pep, Walker, Ali, & Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Bag View Post
                Tunney was a all time great, but I have my douts whether a claim can even be made for him being the greatest fighter to lace on gloves on.

I can't really see how he ranks above the likes of Robinson, Armstrong, Langford, Duran, Greb, Pep, Walker, Ali, & Louis.
                1 loss in 70 fights and that loss being to Harry Greb which he avenged, beat Carpentier, Gibbons, Heeney & Jack Dempsey twice which is a phenomenal feat, Tunney retired before he reached his peak.

Comment

Working...
                X