Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give Me YOUR Take On Jack Dempsey's Resume Of Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Me YOUR Take On Jack Dempsey's Resume Of Wins?

???
    ???
    ???

It's thin. I've seen worse, of course, but Dempsey is missing quite a few of the top names from the 1910s and his title reign was sparse.

Poet

Comment

Boxrec is missing more than 40 fights of Dempsey's

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
        Boxrec is missing more than 40 fights of Dempsey's
        Were have you heard this? And if they are missing fights, am sure they wound't be against all time greats, or top contenders. Because if they were, they would of been found out about by now.

If some are missing, am sure the fights wound't have had a big impact on Dempsey's resume of wins anway.
        Last edited by Heavy Bag; 10-27-2010, 09:46 AM.

Comment

When determining Dempsey's greatness, his ability and impact on the sport weigh more heavily than his resume or title reign.

Same reasons why I see Tyson cracking more and more top 10 ATG lists in the future.

Comment

Most people here saying it was a "meh" title reign I am going to play devils advocate and present the other side of the arguement.

It was more of a quality over quantity resume. He bludgeoned Willard, and beat Tunney realistically the 2nd time.

Also by looking at the way he fought, his desire to win, his above average chin and his remarkable killer instinct will make him a challenge for any fighter.

Personally though his resume kinda sucked IMO and for a man as talented as he, he should have fought more. But you can tell he's remarkable to be highly regarded with suck a mediocre resume.

I swear to god if anyone mentions Bert sugar....=p

Comment

Working...
            X