No announcement yet.

Fastest white boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Fastest feet gotta be Ricky Hatton. No cutie but he closed the gap quicker than anyone i ever saw.
    That's true. His handspeed was pretty underrated as well. He wasn't the fastest around, but considering the mustard he was putting on pretty much all his shots, he got some speed up that's for sure.

Comment

fastest white bot= me!

or pep/calzagh tie

Comment

But what about MANFREDY?!?

Comment

These threads are always funny to read, in the way people go about in distinguishing a persons racial status.

Comment

Btw, I'm pretty sure that there's no evidence whatsoever that black people have a greater capacity for speed or quick movement. I know people love discussing race and stereotyping and such but you'll be hard pressed to make the case that apparent difference are more genetic than cultural.

I have to say it gets quite pathetic when people start saying that the reason why "white people swim faster" or why "black people run faster" is because of the placement of their belly buttons or fast twitch muscles.....

I mean the vast majority of black americans are more closely related genetically to white americans than africans for god sake.
            Last edited by eli porter; 09-19-2011, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I thought the reason there were no black swimmers was because of their bone density, I mean, I've never seen a black mermaid before..

Comment

Vinny Pazienza.

Comment

I don't mind doing racial lists at all. Come now, it is just one more category to rank fighters in!

It is Willie Pep assuredly among well-knowns. Willie was also a top 3 slickest ever of any complexion. He is simply a shoo-in. Tsyzu is not that close in speed or foxiness, really, and is not white anyway. Locche is a little less well known, but an AT white speed & slickness contender, if you consider him white, that is.

Now, we must ignore what they identify as. Right? Only full Caucasian is white enough then, by burgled buggery, if you want to be persnickety about it! It will keep things straight, one must concede, then hasten right along.

And I have never seen Jimmy Carruthers, so cannot speak on him!

Other P4P fast white boys, verified by either film or huge reputation:

Billy Conn
                  Mike Gibbons
                  Tunney
                  Benny Leonard

Noted: There is a definite paucity of white boys with blinding handspeed. Blinding footspeed is a little more common among them. A few more could be added to the short list above, all about the same speed as one another, similar to those already listed. Willie is the only true speed demon able to rival the fastest blacks in that category.

It is probably the black blood in many Latin fighters (such as Camacho) which is in reality responsible for their ultra-fast legs & mitts. Noted: Ulta-fast Latins never hail from Paraguay or Chile but more northern climes where cotton was king, especially the cotton & sugar growing islands of the Caribbean!

Since we durst not suggest it is genetic, by buggery, lest we offend someone, we are forced to declare it is a result of being reared in a ******. But since many early white fighters were raised in ******s as well, we conclude that ultra-speed is an occasional property of being raised in a black ******. This should satisfy all.

Pep is the only exception known to man, known to me.
                  Last edited by The Old LefHook; 09-20-2019, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Benny Leonard and Willie Pep. Calzaghe, Lomachenko and Gvozdyk would be more recent candidates.

Comment

I forgot all about Loma, sorry. He is way up there in both categories--speed & slickness.

Comment

Working...
                      X