Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Resume Of Wins, Tyson or Dempsey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Resume Of Wins, Tyson or Dempsey?

Who has the greater resume of wins?

???
    ???
    ???
    Tyson
    68.18%
    Dempsey
    31.82%

Originally posted by Bolo Punch View Post

???
    ???
    ???

I'm going to get some flack for this but I'm going with Tyson, certainly in respect of title reign victories. Dempsey's title reign was far from amazing, much as I admire the man as an idol.

Comment

Tyson's resume isn't as crappy as a lot of people try to make it out to be.

He has a lot of good names on it - many of which would have been champion or had excellent legacies had it not been for Tyson.

Comment

I'd say they were roughly the same: Neither fought their primes in a good era and neither has a resume of wins against in-prime world-beaters.

Poet

Comment

anybody tyson defended his title against in the 80s is still better then jess willard........frank bruno would prolly ko dempsey too....

Comment

Boxrec is missing around 40+ fights Dempsey had while in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolo Punch View Post

???
              ???
              ???
              dempsey would not stand a chance,with the type of power tyson has and with his boxing ability he would pummel dempsey instantly with an onslaught of fast, well timed, powerful combinations,depending on how long it takes tyson from catching the back peddling dempsey will determine the time of the brutal kayo that he would receive,i have tyson capturing dempsey within 20 seconds of the opening round and has him out cold 20 seconds later

Comment

I've got to go with Tyson in this one, much as it pains me, but it's very close.

As far as head-to-head, however, I think Dempsey would knock Tyson out. Tyson had power for sure, but not enough to beat a relentless swarmer like Dempsey.

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                He has a lot of good names on it - many of which would have been champion or had excellent legacies had it not been for Tyson.
                Such as who?
                Last edited by SBleeder; 10-08-2010, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                  I've got to go with Tyson in this one, much as it pains me, but it's very close.

As far as head-to-head, however, I think Dempsey would knock Tyson out. Tyson had power for sure, but not enough to beat a relentless swarmer like Dempsey.

Such as who?
                  You believe Dempsey could beat Tyson?

I'm not going to get into a resume debate with you, you aren't worth the time.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                    You believe Dempsey could beat Tyson?

I'm not going to get into a resume debate with you, you aren't worth the time.
                    Yes, Dempsey would beat Tyson, prime for prime. Tyson was not suited to fighting a swarmer like Dempsey.

Comment

Working...
                    X