No announcement yet.

Leonard vs Hearns II who won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2
    i am a fan of both fighters yet my question has nothing to do with either fighter, i have always been under the impression that a fight is scored

10/10 - drawn round
    10/9 - to the winner of the round
    10/8 - for one knock down
    10/7 - for 2 knock downs

i have followed boxing almost all my life and understood the rules to be like i have stated them above, i have often heard commentators say that a round should be scored 10/8 because fighter A totally dominated the round yet i was of the opinion they was wrong and did not understand the scoring system.. maybe it's me who is wrong!
    Dominant rounds are frequently scored 10-8 but here again it depends on who's scoring the fight.....some judges are loath to score a round 10-8 without a knockdown even though under the 10 point must rules they SHOULD score it that way. Some judges are loath to score a round 10-10 even though it's provided for in the rules and frequently neither fighter does enough to win the round. BTW, under the 10 point must rules a knockdown doesn't automatically get a rou nd scored 10-8.....if one fighter is clearly winning the round but suffers a flash knockdown the round should be scored 10-9 for the fighter scoring the knockdown not 10-8.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      Dominant rounds are frequently scored 10-8 but here again it depends on who's scoring the fight.....some judges are loath to score a round 10-8 without a knockdown even though under the 10 point must rules they SHOULD score it that way. Some judges are loath to score a round 10-10 even though it's provided for in the rules and frequently neither fighter does enough to win the round. BTW, under the 10 point must rules a knockdown doesn't automatically get a rou nd scored 10-8.....if one fighter is clearly winning the round but suffers a flash knockdown the round should be scored 10-9 for the fighter scoring the knockdown not 10-8.

Poet

Very true.

One example is the 8th round of Tyson vs Buster Douglas. Buster was giving Tyson hell all round then gets knocked down by that famous Tyson uppercut right at the end. I gather that was one round where Tyson didn't get the 10/8 even with the knockdown!

Comment

I went against the popular myth and scored it for Leonard.

I don't really know why people call it a robbery, especially when Leonard landed more punches.

Comment

Originally posted by stylewise View Post
          I went against the popular myth and scored it for Leonard.

I don't really know why people call it a robbery, especially when Leonard landed more punches.
          Because this ain't the amatuers and in the pros rounds are score by a lot more than simply punches landed.

Poet

Comment

Because this ain't the amatuers and in the pros rounds are score by a lot more than simply punches landed.

Poet
            But they are a good indicator as to who might win. And, in this case, Leonard won.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006
              ^^^^^
              Ignorant Post :bull****9:

You might want to check the poll and see how many besides yourself actually thought Leonard won.....at this point that would be NOBODY.

Poet
              Any man who bases his opinion off of others' gets no respect from me.

You might not agree with my verdict, but, frankly, I don't really care.

Comment

Originally posted by stylewise View Post
                Any man who bases his opinion off of others' gets no respect from me.

You might not agree with my verdict, but, frankly, I don't really care.
                When the rest of the world can see with their own eyes what you are denying then there are only two possible conclusions to be made: Either A) You're an idiot; or B) You're being willfully obtuse.....Neither conclusion does you any credit. There is no virtue in being different for the sake of being different.

Poet

Comment

When the rest of the world can see with their own eyes what you are denying then there are only two possible conclusions to be made: Either A) You're an idiot; or B) You're being willfully obtuse.....Neither conclusion does you any credit. There is no virtue in being different for the sake of being different.

Poet
                  You may think I'm an idiot, while others may think different. In the end, the important question is: should I spend my time worrying about it?

The answer: no.

And I'm not being different because I feel like it. I'm being different because I am different.

What does my opinion matter, anyway? According to you, I'm just some "troll". You shouldn't even care about what I have to say.

Comment

had this fight been a fifteen rounder, Leonard would likely have stopped Hearns again

and I'll just add that it was a closer fight than most people make it out to be... Leonard was coming strong in the second half of the fight if my memory serves me right

Comment

Originally posted by LeTombeur View Post
                      had this fight been a fifteen rounder, Leonard would likely have stopped Hearns again

and I'll just add that it was a closer fight than most people make it out to be... Leonard was coming strong in the second half of the fight if my memory serves me right
                      You may be right! But this wasn't a 15 round okay? And If you simply go by the punches landed I don't know where we will be.Fact is Hearns landed the cleaner harder punches and Leonard didn't do as much...Coming back to Judges it's not the first nor the last bad decision from them.I scored it 7-5 and that is giving the 5th and 12th rounds to Leonard.

Comment

Working...
                      X