No announcement yet.

"Luis Rodriguez Was Faster Than Both Ali & Leonard" - A.Dundee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Luis Rodriguez Was Faster Than Both Ali & Leonard" - A.Dundee

Quickest hands: Rodriguez -- This surprises people. Everyone thinks it’s either Ray or Muhammad, and those two were fast. Don’t get me wrong. Speed was their bread and butter. Ray had the fastest combinations of all my fighters. Muhammad had a fast one-two. But the quickest hands belonged to Luis. He could hit you over and over again with a jab that you didn’t expect to get hit with. He was fast but also nimble and graceful. And it was effortless. Sometimes that speed made things too easy for him and he would get ****y with bigger guys. He did that with Nino Benvenuti, who he fought in Italy for the middleweight title. He won 10 straight rounds, just by sticking and moving, and then he comes back to the corner after the 10th round and tells me “I’m going to knock this guy out.” I tell him “No, take it easy, keep doing what you’re doing.” But he goes out and gets hit with a perfect left hook that drops him like a sack of bricks. The referee stands over him and starts counting to 10 as fast as he can. I yelled at him: “What’s the rush!? You could count to 100 and it wouldn‘t make a difference. My guy’s out.” Poor Luis.

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2354/ange...t_ive_trained/

Luis, faster than Leonard? THoughts???

Not from what I've seen I wouldn't say so.

Comment

So he has Ali and SRL..

But no Meldrick Taylor?

Or was he just going by the fighters he has trained.

Comment

Lulz, he's a welterweight, amateur to compare his speed to heavyweight.

Comment

He had fast flurries to the body but Leonard and a peak Ali were definitely faster in my opinion.

Look at this finish by Leonard for example:

and a young Ali against Liston:

Dundee knows what he's talking about though considering he was a trainer for all three of them. Perhaps the fastest of Luis Manuel Rodriguez was seen in the gym workouts or something like that. Based on the film I've seen I'd go with Leonard and Ali over him however.
          Last edited by TheGreatA; 09-26-2010, 08:20 AM.

Comment

i suppose dundee would know better than anyone else out there

Comment

Fastest boxers can be debated but from what i've seen, it's a prime leonard.

Comment

Working...
              X