No announcement yet.

[req] Eddie Futch: his analysis of fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [req] Eddie Futch: his analysis of fighters

Can anyone hook me up with interviews, where Futch gives a breakdown on a fighter. i.e their weaknesses and strengths. Any fighter will do:Ali, Jones etc

Futch on James Toney
    Futch figured that out with McCallum. This was a younger Toney, one who was still able to march forward and cut off rings, not the overweight trapper who lays back and counters. But even then, Toney was mostly a counterpuncher. In the rematch, Futch told McCallum that since the only time Toney throws his big punch, the right hand, was after the Body Snatcher threw his, don’t throw the right. Neither guy did. It was a very dull duel of left hands.

McCallum also moved to his right, away from Toney’s right, a trick Roy Jones utilized in virtually shutting out Toney. Later, Futch sent the talented but limited Montell Griffin out to beat Toney twice, again holding back the right hand and moving to the right.

“We told Montell if you ever finish with a right hand, you’re going to get hit with a right hand,” said Torrance.
    http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...e-futch-lives/
    Not really a breakdown, but its all I could find

Futch on Roy Jones
    One of Eddies last ring accomplishments was in assisting Montell Griffen in his win over Roy Jones Jr for the WBC light heavyweight title. "We had Roy so frustrated that he had to foul. We got inside Roys head." (Futch laughs)

"Roy uses his loss in the Olympics as a crutch. My fighter Montell Griffen lost a controversial decision to Torsten May in the Barcelona Olympics. You don't see him crying over it do you?" Eddie went on to say that Roy would never be a crowd pleaser. This should be noted that Eddie was not part of the Griffen/Jones rematch. If he was one would have to wonder if Jones would not have received his second career loss.
    http://www.ea$tsideboxing.com/curly1110.html
    Roy* *Jones* of his ‘0’ when *Jones* met the highly-rated Montell Griffin, Montell had beaten James Toney but he was facing the very best in *Roy* *Jones* - a P4P monster with skills to burn. Griffin upset the *Jones* equilibrium to such an extent *Jones* hit out at Griffin when Montell was down. *Jones* was coming slowly into the fight but had been befuddled by the dipping and rolling low-equilibrium *strategy* of Montell, a fight plan that worked wonders as attested by *Jones* transgression: ‘*Roy* *Jones* vs. Montell Griffin took place on the date of our wedding anniversary! (3-21-97). There was a lot of drama leading up to the fight. *Eddie* felt that there was a fear factor in *Roy* *Jones* and told Montell to feint a lot (to throw *Jones* off guard). Also, to keep pressing forward and pin *Jones* up against the ropes. Well, you saw the result. It is too bad Montell's manger manoeuvred to get *Eddie* "out of the picture" for the second fight because *Eddie* had another *strategy* that I think would have worked beautifully!’ Some might say it is improbable that *Eddie* would have been able to get Montell the second win over *Jones* yet bear in mind, as previously stated, that *Futch* had twice brought defeat to Muhammad Ali’s door. Certainly it seems fair to assume that with *Futch* in his corner Montell would not have walked into the *Jones* bombardment that saw Griffin lose the rematch in the first stanza.
    http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=4388
    Last edited by Toney616; 09-22-2010, 10:31 AM.

Thanks you for the post.

Comment

Futch is a genius a dissecting fighters weaknesses period end of sentence.

Comment

Working...
      X