No announcement yet.

What fight had the best commentary?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fight had the best commentary?

I watched Hagler Hearns (again) recently and the commentators in that fight were insanse, are there any toher similar fights with amazing/funny commentries.

Although he exaggerates the drama and ring action of any fight he calls,Bob Sheridan,along with Benny Ricardo,capped a great fight with outstanding commentary during the recent Ivan Calderon-Giovanni Segura thriller.They could not have captured the electric atmosphere,the great pace,and the intense action of this fight any better than they did.

Truly one of the great Mexican-Puerto Rican battles - ranks up there with the very best!
    Last edited by prinzemanspopa; 09-20-2010, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I always liked Reg Gutteridge and Jim Watt. It's hard to pick a no. 1, but their job on Hearns-Barkley I was outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by "Marvelous" View Post
        I watched Hagler Hearns (again) recently and the commentators in that fight were insanse, are there any toher similar fights with amazing/funny commentries.
        Any war on NBC in the 80's with Marv Albert announcing. The man was a tremedous boxing announcer. He even made Ferdie pacheco look good. Listen to Albert's call of david Reid winning the gold medal in 1996. That was the last fight he would ever announce. His call of the ko was classic.

Comment

Don Dunphy or Howard Cosell are my favorites i also enjoy Jim Lampley.. i cant stand Duke McKenzie or Jim Watt

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            Don Dunphy or Howard Cosell are my favorites i also enjoy Jim Lampley.. i cant stand Duke McKenzie or Jim Watt
            Cosell is my all-time favorite, followed by Alex Wallau and Marv Albert. The announcing duo of Cosell and Arthur Mercante were tremendous in their calling of the Holmes-Norton fight. Mercante was the only man I ever saw team up with Howard that held his own.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
              Cosell is my all-time favorite, followed by Alex Wallau and Marv Albert. The announcing duo of Cosell and Arthur Mercante were tremendous in their calling of the Holmes-Norton fight. Mercante was the only man I ever saw team up with Howard that held his own.
              yes i agree, Mercante was a boxing expert through & through i enjoy his commentary on Pryor vs Arguello (2)

Comment

thought id show you this video i made a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                X