No announcement yet.

Hagler fighting orthodox v.s SRL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagler fighting orthodox v.s SRL

It's widely accepted that Hagler made a massive mistake not starting off southpaw in this fight.

What other strategic howlers have been made by elite fighters in marquee fights?

Ray Leonard trying fight with Duran instead of box him.

Comment

Originally posted by VibesMan View Post
      It's widely accepted that Hagler made a massive mistake not starting off southpaw in this fight.

What other strategic howlers have been made by elite fighters in marquee fights?
      Hearns trying to brawl with Hagler
      Holyfield trying to outbrawl Bowe, who outweighed him by 30 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by -2nd2Nunn- View Post
        Not really a strategic howler.

He didnt have the legs for that fight to box.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather_ View Post
          Not really a strategic howler.
          He didnt have the legs for that fight to box.
          Is there any proof about the whole massaging your legs, weakens them?

Comment

Originally posted by -2nd2Nunn- View Post
            Holyfield trying to outbrawl Bowe, who outweighed him by 30 lbs
            As i saw the fight multiple times it seemed to me that Hearns WANTED to outbox Hagler and tried but Hagler made him brawl, allowing him to out muscle Hearns with powerful bodyshots. It wasnt a strategic howler that Hearns made, it was a strategic master plan that Hagler had

JMO

Comment

It was hard for Hearns to box Hagler from a distance when Hagler was all over him. Hagler had the right game plan and showed great adaptability by fighting in that manner against a fighter of Hearns's caliber.

I'd also say it was pretty tough for Leonard to box Duran when Duran was cutting off the ring as well as he was. Leonard usually fought flat-footed anyway, and showed his greatness and versatility when he fought in a more fleet-footed manner in the rematch and against Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                As i saw the fight multiple times it seemed to me that Hearns WANTED to outbox Hagler and tried but Hagler made him brawl, allowing him to out muscle Hearns with powerful bodyshots. It wasnt a strategic howler that Hearns made, it was a strategic master plan that Hagler had

JMO
                You think so? Hearns looked to me like he came in looking for a fight, especially with all of that talk about the fight not going past 3 rounds

Comment

Working...
                X