No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Exposed By A Geriatric Middlweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    I certainly wouldn't have any issues if both Mayweather_'s thread and this one were deleted by the mod. The point is his thread was a bait thread pure and simple and this was a bait thread in response. When someone's trying to take the piss out of people and someone responds in kind the responder shouldn't be singled out for all the heat: That's a double standard.

Poet
    I'm still struggling to see how his original thread is that bad???

It certainly generates discussion and is of a historical nature???

It's a valid topic in my eyes. A great Middleweight did get beat by a blown up Welter - How is that not worth discussion?

Like I said, I don't agree with his view but have no trouble accepting some people feel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by VibesMan View Post
      I'm still struggling to see how his original thread is that bad???

It certainly generates discussion and is of a historical nature???

It's a valid topic in my eyes. A great Middleweight did get beat by a blown up Welter - How is that not worth discussion?

Like I said, I don't agree with his view but have no trouble accepting some people feel that way.
      And? Mayweather DID look bad against a washed up De La Hoya. That being the case how is this thread any less legitimate? The point is the original thread was calculated to piss off Hagler fans (Read all the responses in that thread: He made the thread specifically to piss off Marvelous), and this is a response (just as legitimate a topic btw) calculated to piss off the original TS. You don't have to agree with the topic here but I do find it ironic that you're endorsing one thread while criticizing the other as being somehow less legitimate.

Poet

Comment

And? Mayweather DID look bad against a washed up De La Hoya. That being the case how is this thread any less legitimate? The point is the original thread was calculated to piss off Hagler fans (Read all the responses in that thread: He made the thread specifically to piss off Marvelous), and this is a response (just as legitimate a topic btw) calculated to piss off the original TS. You don't have to agree with the topic here but I do find it ironic that you're endorsing one thread while criticizing the other as being somehow less legitimate.

Poet
        Like someone else said - Two wrongs don't make a right.

I'm endorsing the original thread because I actually think it's worth debating even though it is clearly an attempt at being inflammatory.

I'd probably find this one worth debating if I didn't know it was just a childish response.

Anyway, I'll leave it there now.

Comment

I'm endorsing the original thread because I actually think it's worth debating even though it is clearly an attempt at being inflammatory.

I'd probably find this one worth debating if I didn't know it was just a childish response.

And that's fine. I'll leave you with this though. Which is more childish: The response or the original childish attempt at being inflammatory?

Poet

Comment

He made that thread as a response to my top 50 pound for pound list when I said Hagler was better than Hopkins. I gave him reasons for my decisions then he ran away and made that thread in a deliberate attempt to get me annoyed which, in fact he has failed at.
            So it is him that's in the wrong with his bait thread and I know Poet posting a thread such as this one does not help matters much but, we cannot stand by and let uneducated people take the piss out the forum without SOME form of retaliation, even though this may be the wrong sort.

Comment

I sent you green because there's no hard feelings. I'm simply dealing with the windup merchants in my own way, which is giving them a dose of their own medicine.

Poet

Comment

I sent you green because there's no hard feelings. I'm simply dealing with the windup merchants in my own way, which is giving them a dose of their own medicine.

Poet

No probs dude.

I don't like deliberate wind up posts either.

Comment

No probs dude.

I don't like deliberate wind up posts either.
                  It's gotten really bad over the past year and I've just gotten sick of it. That's why I was campaigning so hard for a mod for this section. I generally fight fire with fire which can rub people the wrong way sometimes.

Poet

Comment

It's gotten really bad over the past year and I've just gotten sick of it. That's why I was campaigning so hard for a mod for this section. I generally fight fire with fire which can rub people the wrong way sometimes.

Poet
                    I don't really like the use of Mods but if it serves the purpose of stoppong some of the more ridiculous threads (I'm thinking the recent slew of Klitschko topics!) then it's all good. Of course you need the Mods not to act as thought Police and accept some of the more controversial views are also heartfelt and believed.

What really surprises me is the way so many posters seem to be in love with specific fighters rather than the sport itself.

I like to think I'm smart enought to realise my favourite fighters don't have to be the greatest.

When people ridicule and take apart fighters like SRL, Louis, Ali, Hagler, Mayweather (and yes, the Klits etc) in a way that suggests their basically talentless and oppurtunist bums you have to question how much they actually know about this sport.

Still, it's all good at the end of he day. It's only the Internet!

Comment

I don't really like the use of Mods but if it serves the purpose of stoppong some of the more ridiculous threads (I'm thinking the recent slew of Klitschko topics!) then it's all good. Of course you need the Mods not to act as thought Police and accept some of the more controversial views are also heartfelt and believed.

What really surprises me is the way so many posters seem to be in love with specific fighters rather than the sport itself.

I like to think I'm smart enought to realise my favourite fighters don't have to be the greatest.

When people ridicule and take apart fighters like SRL, Louis, Ali, Hagler, Mayweather (and yes, the Klits etc) in a way that suggests their basically talentless and oppurtunist bums you have to question how much they actually know about this sport.

Still, it's all good at the end of he day. It's only the Internet!
                      And that's the thing isn't it? They aren't really boxing fans but rather fans of particular fighters. I'm a boxing fan first and a fighter fan second. A good portion of the hatchet job threads come from kiddies that slink in from NSB and tear apart past greats because they see them as a threat to their current favorite's all-time standing. That's why you see posts where they get all offended because someone said that an acknowledged ATG fighter from the past would beat their current light of love: They call it "insulting" and "disrespectful". A good example: "YOU'RE DISPESPECTING WLAD!!!!! No slow featherfisted CRUISERWEIGHT like Liston could possibly hurt Wlad. It's INSULTING!!!!!" It's just so typical :frustrated9:

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X