No announcement yet.

where does the peak tyson fit in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heckler
    Larry Holmes, Ali, Joe Frazier, Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, Bowe, George Foreman all had the capability. Tyson would definately be beaten by Foreman, WITHOUT A DOUBT. Tyson was **** scared of him and would be beaten before he stepped between them ropes.
    Thy all have the cabability of beating prime Tyson

Tyson would probably beat larry holmes, maybe Joe Frazier, It would be close with Rocky Marciano, but Joe Louis and Ali are have a decent shot

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
      [/B]

I have to agree,
      Tyson's weak mind + Tyson's fear of Foreman + Foreman's Natrual strenght and ability = Tyson getting KTFO'd
      Weak mind...did you know him? When did he crumble when he was a civilized young champion who didn't think he was the best fighter ever? And yes, not all of his opponents were scared of him and fought back but lost. He never said he feared Foreman or anything so you're just making stuff up.
      Last edited by BKM-; 03-12-2006, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw16
        He was susceptable to jabs and straight right hands, and was never able to fight going backwards. And he did get hurt by Buster Douglas. Your probably going to say that isn't prime Tyson, but as far I'm concerned it is. Although that is a different debate which I don't really feel like having right now.

Like I said, a lot of these things don't matter when your opponent is constantly on the run and about to go at any time. He also never really parried or deflected punches well either. I think he would have been much better off in the Buster Douglas fight if he had been able to take a step back once in a while when Douglas was timing him.
        Look at Tyson vs Biggs, and then look at Tyson vs Douglass in terms of defence. BIG DIFFIRENCE! Where was his head movement? Were were his the jabs he always used? Thats what he was missing against Buster.

Nevertheless, you can go ahead and take his defence under a microscope and critizise it(Like everybody tries to do) but his defence was excellent. And he had a good chin with it too.

Comment

• a peak mike tyson 86-88 was one of the best heavyweights in history. only ali and louis beat that mike IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by SuzieQ49
            a peak mike tyson 86-88 was one of the best heavyweights in history. only ali and louis beat that mike IMO
            nah! foreman too

Comment

• Originally posted by OASIS_LAD
              nah! foreman too
              1966 or '67 ali would. so would 1972-75 foreman. also 1971 frazier, 1960-65 liston, and 1980-83 holmes. but no version of louis would, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuzieQ49
                a peak mike tyson 86-88 was one of the best heavyweights in history. only ali and louis beat that mike IMO
                also add holyfield

Comment

also add holyfield
                  nah, prime tyson would ko any version of holyfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by butterfly1964
                    nah, prime tyson would ko any version of holyfield.
                    no chance holyfield's chin was solid i give young mike props
                    but holyfield was soild and i see any form of holyfield
                    beating tyson

Comment

no chance holyfield's chin was solid i give young mike props
                      but holyfield was soild and i see any form of holyfield
                      beating tyson
                      Holyfield was very good.

But in the first fight with Bowe he was nearly KO'd in the 10th i think.
                      The combinations of Tyson, plus his finishing skills IMO would have KO'd Holyfield. Tyson hit harder than Bowe.

In the first fight between Tyson and Holyfield, the only round i gave Tyson, was i think the 5th, he threw his famous right hand to the body and uppercut. It didnt land perfectly, but Holyfield felt it. He didnt do **** for a while after that.

Comment

Working...
                      X