Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sylvester Stallone - Rocky1976

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, the fight scenes aren't exactly an accurate depiction. but it is hollywood.

but, if you want to see some good stallone action, check into frank stallone. he actually was a fighter and is also a boxing historian. on his website, you can actually e-mail him regarding any boxing history questions. i'm thinking of doing it because boxing history is a hobby of mine.

and here's a little trivia treat for you guys. in rocky 4, sylvester went to the hospital after complaining of chest pains from taking one of dolph lundgren's punches. apparently, sly told dolph not to hold back so much during filming one of the fight scenes, and he caught a nasty blow to the chest from dolph. the doctors found sylvester to have a severely bruised chest. maybe he didn't know that lundgren was a 3 time full contact karate champion.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWave View Post
      In the movies, sylvester drops his left too much.. Infact he drops his right too. He actually has no defense. He drops his hands and walks around like a giant, stomping the ground in every step.
      - -More like a miniature goon with two left feet, his natural disposition.

It was Hollywood cartoon schlep for infantile adults who ate it up like cheap movie Popkorn.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

It was Hollywood cartoon schlep for infantile adults who ate it up like cheap movie Popkorn.
        yeah... i used to laugh at joe six pac of beer clowns yo adrain..... bs.. paulie.. weird stuff....

when jhonny takes his moring walk.. we call it road work..

i feed into his hype..... its the eye of the chihuahua.... rising up.. back to the streets jhonny trades his passion for glory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

Not true, the first movie is great and beautifully played by the leads, A film more about relationships than boxing. Some of the others are like you described though. Big fan of Creed, that is also a fabulous movie.

Comment

To be honest, it is one of the worst franchises to ever hit Hollywood. All episodes were extremely melodramatic and corny. They would have to pay me to watch a Rocky movie again.

Comment

Originally posted by cfang View Post
              Not true, the first movie is great and beautifully played by the leads, A film more about relationships than boxing. Some of the others are like you described though. Big fan of Creed, that is also a fabulous movie.
              - -Than they shouldn't have aped boxing.

Burgess Meridith to only saving grace playing the cartoon in full pomp.

Disclaimer-
              I watch the first 3 on cable with a fridge full of beer and smoke enough fog Manhattan and never laughed so hard in my life.

I'd have otherwise walked had I paid entrance expecting a real boxing movie. I suppose though if you're a punk from Jersey, ect, it's real fantasy come true on the screen.

Comment

Working...
              X