Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buster Douglas pulls off the biggest upset in boxing history!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by musiol View Post
    Holyfield had problems with moorer due to being a southpaw he had bother with him early in the 2nd fight also and ibragimov
    Atlas figured out that Holyfield struggled against a consistent jab, which is why he told Moorer that he could beat Holyfield with the jab alone. Holyfield also looked terrible in that fight, due to his "mysterious heart problems". Another fight I'm going to have to watch again, then maybe I'll make a thread about it

Really to get past a consistent jab you need head movement or a defence which allows you to come straight forward (think Norton/Witherspoon), Evander has neither

Comment

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
      I agreed with the scoring from the Sky commentary team, which had Lewis winning by about 2 rounds
      Atlas figured out that Holyfield struggled against a consistent jab, which is why he told Moorer that he could beat Holyfield with the jab alone. Holyfield also looked terrible in that fight, due to his "mysterious heart problems". Another fight I'm going to have to watch again, then maybe I'll make a thread about it

Really to get past a consistent jab you need head movement or a defence which allows you to come straight forward (think Norton/Witherspoon), Evander has neither
      a disagree holyfield used his legs moved in and out of range when he choose to instead of having a scrap,he fought holmes lewis foreman bowe douglas valuev who all posses the jab and are all miles bigger than him he was also good at doubling his own jab up against these guys he wouldnt be able to do that if he walk in a straight line saying cmon let me taste that jab of guys who had more height and reach

Comment

a disagree holyfield used his legs moved in and out of range when he choose to instead of having a scrap,he fought holmes lewis foreman bowe douglas valuev who all posses the jab and are all miles bigger
        Lewis: I had lewis winning their first fight by 9-3, and he was basically just using the jab to stop Holyfield in his tracks
        Lewis II: Lewis for some reason stopped using the jab as a consistent weapon from rounds 6 onwards, which allowed holyfield to get into the fight
        Douglas: that was one of the worst version of Douglas to ever step into the ring (his training camp was a mess) and he quit after 3 rounds
        Valuev:cant comment , havent watched it
        Foreman: Had very slow hands and used the jab sparingly as a range finder for his clubbing right hooks
        Holmes, Bowe: cant comment, been ages since Ive seen those fights
        than him he was also good at doubling his own jab up against these guys he wouldnt be able to do that if he walk in a straight line saying cmon let me taste that jab of guys who had more height and reach
        I need to rewatch some of Holyfields fights, then ill get back to you on the matter
        Last edited by Toney616; 08-21-2010, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Lewis: I had lewis winning their first fight by 9-3, and he was basically just using the jab to stop Holyfield in his tracks
          Lewis II: Lewis for some reason stopped using the jab as a consistent weapon from rounds 6 onwards, which allowed holyfield to get into the fight
          Douglas: that was one of the worst version of Douglas to ever step into the ring (his training camp was a mess) and he quit after 3 rounds
          Valuev:cant comment , havent watched it
          Foreman: Had very slow hands and used the jab sparingly as a range finder for his clubbing right hooks
          Holmes, Bowe: cant comment, been ages since Ive seen those fights

I need to rewatch some of Holyfields fights, then ill get back to you on the matter
          lewis 1 yes as i have said the jab worked on the old holyfield
          lewis 2 lewis by no stretch of the imagination won the first 6 rounds and why would he just stop with the jab nothing to do with holyfield then
          douglas was getting the **** kicked out him and got dropped his problem if he didnt want to get up to get more of a kicking.
          valuev reach is a pain in the arse for anyone thats why haye chose to run about doin nuthing
          holmes and bowe had good jabs regardless

Comment

Says the guy who made that ridiculous Pac thread, which was an obvious attempt to get green K from the Pac fans, lol

To be a nuthugger you have to defend your favourite fighter, no matter what his done, something which I never do

For the record, I have never been a Lewis fan either.

The Boxing History section needs a mod thread:

You want a mod to stop sonny from hating on your fav fighter? lol
            That avy suits you as well

Comment

lewis 1 yes as i have said the jab worked on the old holyfield
              I agree
              lewis 2 lewis by no stretch of the imagination won the first 6 rounds and why would he just stop with the jab nothing to do with holyfield then
              I said he stopped using it consistently from round 6 onwards, I never said that he won rounds 1-6.
              douglas was getting the **** kicked out him and got dropped his problem if he didnt want to get up to get more of a kicking.
              231½Mike Tyson
              246 Evander Holyfield
              He walked into the ring 14.5 lbs, above his best fighting weight, that was because his training camp was a mess and Douglas had basically reverted back to the lazy inconsistent fighter he used to be. Douglas himself even admitted that he quit, he confided to a reporter years later, that he was tired and didnt want to continue
              valuev reach is a pain in the arse for anyone thats why haye chose to run about doin nuthing
              Like I said before, havent watched that fight or any of his fights, so I cant comment on his jab
              holmes and bowe had good jabs regardless
              And Evander is 1-2 against Bowe and beat a very over the hill Holmes by 8-4 rounds. Just imagine if Holyfield had stepped into the ring with the Holmes that fought Shavers

Comment

I agree

I said he stopped using it consistently from round 6 onwards, I never said that he won rounds 1-6.

231½Mike Tyson
                246 Evander Holyfield
                He walked into the ring 14.5 lbs, above his best fighting weight, that was because his training camp was a mess and Douglas had basically reverted back to the lazy inconsistent fighter he used to be. Douglas himself even admitted that he quit, he confided to a reporter years later, that he was tired and didnt want to continue
                Like I said before, havent watched that fight or any of his fights, so I cant comment on his jab

And Evander is 1-2 against Bowe and beat a very over the hill Holmes by 8-4 rounds. Just imagine if Holyfield had stepped into the ring with the Holmes that fought Shavers
                and hes the only man to beat bowe and should of beat him the 3rd time when he had hep C also but he looked completely out of it after 3rounds bit like the moorer 1 fight something was cleary wrong with him
                holmes would of been a problem but i would take holyfield to win a close desicion peak holyfield beats lewis with some to spare IMO but evander was beatable he had nites when **** didnt work only at heavyweight and he was over 30yrs old a just think if holyfields firing on all cylinders he would get the win against most

Comment

and hes the only man to beat bowe and should of beat him the 3rd time when he had hep C also but he looked completely out of it after 3rounds bit like the moorer 1 fight something was cleary wrong with him
                  holmes would of been a problem but i would take holyfield to win a close desicion peak holyfield beats lewis with some to spare IMO but evander was beatable he had nites when **** didnt work only at heavyweight and he was over 30yrs old a just think if holyfields firing on all cylinders he would get the win against most
                  Hepatitis kills your stamina and gives you flu-like symptoms to boot. Holyfield shouldn't have been in the ring that and it speaks volumes as to how great a fighter he was that he STILL came within a wisker of KOing Bowe.

Poet

Comment

I dont think he had Hepatitis C, I think he was still suffering from his heart problems and had no business in the ring. Either way he still lost, and that was against a far from peak condition Bowe
                    holmes would of been a problem but i would take holyfield to win a close desicion
                    I dont think so, Holyfield has never beaten anyone on the level of Prime Holmes. The closest was prime Bowe an he clearly lost that
                    peak holyfield beats lewis with some to spare IMO
                    The only fighter he fought comparable to Lewis in his prime was Bowe and he lost that
                    but evander was beatable he had nites when **** didnt work only at heavyweight and he was over 30yrs old a just think if holyfields firing on all cylinders he would get the win against most
                    I got: Foreman, Ali, Holmes, Liston, Bowe and Witherspoon beating him

Comment

I dont think he had Hepatitis C, I think he was still suffering from his heart problems and had no business in the ring. Either way he still lost, and that was against a far from peak condition Bowe

I dont think so, Holyfield has never beaten anyone on the level of Prime Holmes. The closest was prime Bowe an he clearly lost that
                      The only fighter he fought comparable to Lewis in his prime was Bowe and he lost that

I got: Foreman, Ali, Holmes, Liston, Bowe and Witherspoon beating him
                      peak bowe had more heart skill and punch output than lewis
                      ali yes
                      foreman dont think so as you said hes too slow
                      bowe yes would win more than he would lose against holyfield
                      liston too slow and predictable
                      not even commenting on terrible tim no chance

anyway of to a bbq to get drunk and munch all be back.

Comment

Working...
                      X