Joe Calzaghe's Greatness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dubstep Demon View Post
    Haters gunna hate
    It's not hating it's just the truth. Joe Calzaghe is not a ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
      At least he wasnt picking on welterweights to extend his streak like a one Bernard Hopkins...

Or shooting up roids to take on schoolteachers and postoffice workers

If Bhop and Roy are Hall of famers then zags is a top 20 HOF for handing them both their asses..

Bika is another guy who had never been soundly beaten in his career, and was made to look like a fool against Zags

Zag
      "I could probably give Jones a tough fight, probably the best fight he's ever had," said Calzaghe. "But I know my capabilities and unless I got paid the crown jewels I wouldn't want to risk it."

Jones beat Toney, Hopkins, Woods, Ruiz , Mccalum, Griffin and Hill which are all as good if not better than any Calzaghe win.

Hopkins fought Trinidad at 160 who had a belt there. he fought DLH at 156 just 2lbs above where DLH was an elite fighter. Hardly picking on welterweights. Also has wins over Tarver, Johnson, Pavlik, Winky and Joppy which are all as good if not better than any Calzaghe win.

The likes of Jones and Hopkins were fighting at the elite level longer than Calzaghe and that is why they are greater. If Hopkins had retired after the Trinidad win, he would not be ranked so highly its the fact that after he got that win he carried on and built on his legacy.

Calzaghe became big in 2006 after the Lacy win, then he retired in 2008 when there were still challenges out there. Had he carried on for a while longer cleared out LHW and taken on some of the super six then he could of reached ATG status as it stands he is a HOFer.

Comment

The rocky marciano of the super middleweights. Fought guys past there prime and they were still giving him trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Morales_ View Post
          "I could probably give Jones a tough fight, probably the best fight he's ever had," said Calzaghe. "But I know my capabilities and unless I got paid the crown jewels I wouldn't want to risk it."

Jones beat Toney, Hopkins, Woods, Ruiz , Mccalum, Griffin and Hill which are all as good if not better than any Calzaghe win.

Hopkins fought Trinidad at 160 who had a belt there. he fought DLH at 156 just 2lbs above where DLH was an elite fighter. Hardly picking on welterweights. Also has wins over Tarver, Johnson, Pavlik, Winky and Joppy which are all as good if not better than any Calzaghe win.

The likes of Jones and Hopkins were fighting at the elite level longer than Calzaghe and that is why they are greater. If Hopkins had retired after the Trinidad win, he would not be ranked so highly its the fact that after he got that win he carried on and built on his legacy.

Calzaghe became big in 2006 after the Lacy win, then he retired in 2008 when there were still challenges out there. Had he carried on for a while longer cleared out LHW and taken on some of the super six then he could of reached ATG status as it stands he is a HOFer.
          Why is it that CLEAN fighters who do it the right way get criticized, but cheaters like Roy and Bhop are glorified?

BHop is a notoriously dirty fighter who uses his steel-head more than his fists. He also fakes injuries and is an undercover racist.

Roy Jones and James Toney are known steroid abusers, who were hopped up on performance enhancers during their prime. We dont know how many fights they really won....

Joe Calzaghe did it the RIGHT way, and went undefeated while doing it. He is a Hall of Famer based on the Eubank, Veit, Jimenez, Sheika, Manfredo, Lacy, Bika and Kessler wins alone, Roy and Bhop were just the cherries on top of an ATG career.

Comment

calzaghe isnt great
            Last edited by Shadow boxer 3; 08-05-2010, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Cotto LMAO If he was so good why was Calzaghe ranked ahead of him on the p4p list?

The Jeff Lacy win alone puts zags ahead of Cotto. Lacy was an unstoppable 21-0(17 kos) juggernaut, built like a superhero. Everyone said he was going to beat zags, but zags went in and ruined his career for good!

How many careers did Cotto ruin? The only one I can think of is his OWN career when he got on his knees against Margarito. And dont bring up the plaster excuse, his gloves were checked and was cleared to fight.

Zags also has the record for most title defenses in the lower weights, how many records does Cotto own?
              Um that's the easiest question on the face of the earth. Because Cotto actually has the guts and courage to fight the best fighters in the world win or lose and he lost no doubt about it.

Calzaghe gots no balls to fight the best at their best so of course he was undefeated which put him higher then Cotto P4P. BUt I'm not trying to say Cotto's some HOF fighter or something, I'm just using him as an example. Joe's resume isnt even better then his especially since he's a chump who wouldn't fight any elite level primed fighters so how the hell could he be an ATG?

NEVER.

Comment

Why is it that CLEAN fighters who do it the right way get criticized, but cheaters like Roy and Bhop are glorified?

BHop is a notoriously dirty fighter who uses his steel-head more than his fists. He also fakes injuries and is an undercover racist.

Roy Jones and James Toney are known steroid abusers, who were hopped up on performance enhancers during their prime. We dont know how many fights they really won....

Joe Calzaghe did it the RIGHT way, and went undefeated while doing it. He is a Hall of Famer based on the Eubank, Veit, Jimenez, Sheika, Manfredo, Lacy, Bika and Kessler wins alone, Roy and Bhop were just the cherries on top of an ATG career.
                LMAO so them wins get you in the IBHOF and make you a ATG?

Comment

Id say Joe calhaze was a great boxer. he trained hard had a good work rate and had good fights.

not really one to stand out as deserving to be rated incrediably high nor incrediably low.

for what he did id say he deserves an ihof spot but not atg status.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                    Um that's the easiest question on the face of the earth. Because Cotto actually has the guts and courage to fight the best fighters in the world win or lose and he lost no doubt about it.

Calzaghe gots no balls to fight the best at their best so of course he was undefeated which put him higher then Cotto P4P. BUt I'm not trying to say Cotto's some HOF fighter or something, I'm just using him as an example. Joe's resume isnt even better then his especially since he's a chump who wouldn't fight any elite level primed fighters so how the hell could he be an ATG?

NEVER.
                    Joe Calzaghe fought a Prime, elite Mikkel Kessler, one of the greatest Super Middleweights of All-Time.

No need to call an ATG like Calzaghe a chump.

Comment

At least he wasnt picking on welterweights to extend his streak like a one Bernard Hopkins...
                      I'm not a Hopkins fan and I have also criticized him for doing that as well
                      Or shooting up roids to take on schoolteachers and postoffice workers
                      I'm not a Jones fan either, some of his opponents were shocking but you cannot not tell me that a lot of Calzaghe's opponents didn't have day jobs as well
                      If Bhop and Roy are Hall of famers then zags is a top 20 HOF for handing them both their asses..
                      It doesn't work like that
                      Bika is another guy who had never been soundly beaten in his career, and was made to look like a fool against Zags
                      Bika isn't very good and more of a street-fighter than a boxer

Comment

Working...
                      X