No announcement yet.

(Poll) Is Joe Fraizer Overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
    look around this forum.majority of guys say disgusting things about guys they dont like.especially the older posters.you should see what they say about tyson,klitscho and mayweather.this topic is a bit frustrating cause theres about 10 threads asking the same thing about joe.

yes his bashing may be over the top but he still backs his bashing with solid reasoning.why on earth somebody would get offended from a strangers opinion of a stranger is beyond me.instead of looking at his 1st paragraph why dont you adress the rest of the points he made
    facts are he went 1-5 against the best of his era,and was thouroughly dominated in 2 of those,and he missed some good contenders.

lol,i didnt say he avoided lyle.but you already have a pre-built defense mechanism strait from jab lol.make your own arguments.this hostility between posters has ben going on before you came around here.
    and it doesnt matter if there was a demand for a lyle fight,he was a top contender.if ali foght him,there is no reason frazier couldnt have either.especially bein that they are from the so called golden era.
    Like I already told Stones to make him look stupid when he tried to say that same bull**** when I clowned his ass in the thunderdome, THE FIRST THREAD EVER MADE HATING ON JOE FRAZIER from a month or 2 ago, I posted before Jab.

It is frustrating but that ****er gets his kicks out of it, I don't ****in get why their are some many ****in threads about. So I've already read Prinze's same points OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

I know the old posters call fighters names and **** but that's not the point. HE KNOWS who's going to read his same argument over and over again, nothing changed, and that's why he started it by insulting Joe Frazier to try baiting me, Jab, Sonny, and Poet to come in after him but we didn't because it's old and ****in pointless.

And a stranger being offended by another strangers opinion of somebody happens all the time and is completely understandable. If some white dude calls a black man I have never met before the N word or does something racist, I'm going to be offended. That didn't happen in this thread I'm just making an example because your wrong. So don't get your panties all in a bunch. But it's not even about that, if you truly love the sport then you respect the guts it takes to get in their after several weeks of non-stop brutal training and get in their with another man and exchange fists. It's ****in pathetic to hear you clowns trash him when I don't see your asses in that ring or putting in the hard work to be a world class boxer. So yeah the name calling is a ***** move coming from a true ***** ass keyboard warrior that can feel safe spraying out his bull**** because he's hiding behind a computer.

Comment

I'd say he's a little overrated on this board as an overall package. Skill-wise he's not overrated at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
        Like I already told Stones to make him look stupid when he tried to say that same bull**** when I clowned his ass in the thunderdome, THE FIRST THREAD EVER MADE HATING ON JOE FRAZIER from a month or 2 ago, I posted before Jab.

It is frustrating but that ****er gets his kicks out of it, I don't ****in get why their are some many ****in threads about. So I've already read Prinze's same points OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

I know the old posters call fighters names and **** but that's not the point. HE KNOWS who's going to read his same argument over and over again, nothing changed, and that's why he started it by insulting Joe Frazier to try baiting me, Jab, Sonny, and Poet to come in after him but we didn't because it's old and ****in pointless.

And a stranger being offended by another strangers opinion of somebody happens all the time and is completely understandable. If some white dude calls a black man I have never met before the N word or does something racist, I'm going to be offended. That didn't happen in this thread I'm just making an example because your wrong. So don't get your panties all in a bunch. But it's not even about that, if you truly love the sport then you respect the guts it takes to get in their after several weeks of non-stop brutal training and get in their with another man and exchange fists. It's ****in pathetic to hear you clowns trash him when I don't see your asses in that ring or putting in the hard work to be a world class boxer. So yeah the name calling is a ***** move coming from a true ***** ass keyboard warrior that can feel safe spraying out his bull**** because he's hiding behind a computer.
        2 months??this has been going on for at least a year,and looking at the hatred and ages,maybe longer

so its ok for the old posters to do it,but a problem when somebody else does it?you just started coming in this section so nobody is trying to bait you of all posters.he's had his opinion long before these forums.and poet is 1 of the biggest instigators on this site

if somebody called joe a n*****,you have every right to be offended,but being black is where our connection to joe stops.i dont know that man.he's just a boxer to me.

if you truly love the sport how on earth can you say things like frazier didnt fight lyle cause there was no demand for it?its not about respect,its their job.they not doing this for free.these guys are making more than most make in a lifetime and they deserve extra respect?who the hell wouldnt step in a ring for the right price?

but on another note why is it pathetic for us clowns to bash joe but not pathetic for other clowns to bash klitscho or tyson?

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
          Why do people downplay Frazier in his three fights with Ali?

It's quite simple,really.When you shamelessly continue live off of another man's name,his legacy,his accomplishments,then you're wide open for deserving criticism.

That trilogy is his one and only claim to fame.Without it,nobody would remember him in the slightest.

Despite being at a much better stage in his career,Frazier lost this trilogy decisively.And despite losing this trilogy,Frazier is usually remembered above far greater fighters than himself.Without that trilogy,he wouldn't even make it into the hall of fame.

Legitimate all time greats like Michael Spinks are all but forgotten except for some highlight package of young phemom at his peak.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
            It's quite simple,really.When you shamelessly continue live off of another man's name,his legacy,his accomplishments,then you're wide open for deserving criticism.
            I have to disagree with you there, It's Frazier's hatred for Ali which causes him to keep talking about his trilogy with Ali to this very day

One man is still fighting in Manila and the other man doesn't even know where it is -Mark Kram

Comment

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
              I have to disagree with you there, It's Frazier's hatred for Ali which causes him to keep talking about his trilogy with Ali to this very day

If you flash a money note in frazier's direction,he'll say whatever you want him to say.

You don't harbour a deep hatred towards someone and yet allow yourself to be pictured,smiling,arms around the man you claim to hate so much.frazier knows his place and when to make the right statement at the right time.

Either way,no contrived hatred will prevent frazier from continuing to live off,make money,from the one and only relevant chapter in his life.

Comment

If you flash a money note in frazier's direction,he'll say whatever you want him to say.
                True, Thomas Hauser said the same thing at the ending of the HBO documentary The Thrilla in Manila
                You don't harbour a deep hatred towards someone and yet allow yourself to be pictured,smiling,arms around the man you claim to hate so much.frazier knows his place and when to make the right statement at the right time.
                It just shows how much of a hypocrite he is, but that doesnt mean his hatred isnt real
                Either way,no contrived hatred will prevent frazier from continuing to live off,make money,from the one and only relevant chapter in his life.
                I think its real enough and it has helped to derail his life out of the ring. I also do agree that his wars with Ali are what made him so famous to this day

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post

Some people are incapable of seeing the difference between pointing out a fighter's weaknesses and the out and out character assasination that Prinzeman engages in.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    Some people are incapable of seeing the difference between pointing out a fighter's weaknesses and the out and out character assasination that Prinzeman engages in.

Poet

Clearly an exaggeration on your part.I could think of a lot worse to call Frazier,but I won't,as it has absolutely nothing to do with the sport of boxing.

My criticisms of Frazier are more often or not boxing related.

It's no different to some of the stuff that you've come out with against someone like Wladimir Klitschko.

Natedatpkid is a pot smoking student.He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Comment

Clearly an exaggeration on your part.I could think of a lot worse to call Frazier,but I won't,as it has absolutely nothing to do with the sport of boxing.
                      No you've just used terms like "leech" and "wife beater" ect. when talking about Frazier.

My criticisms of Frazier are more often or not boxing related.
                      "Leech" and "wife beater" are boxing related?

It's no different to some of the stuff that you've come out with against someone like Wladimir Klitschko.
                      Funny, but I've never accused Wlad of "leeching" off his big brother even though an argument could certainly be made for it.

Natedatpkid is a pot smoking student.He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.
                      And you're a trolling oxygen thief who's never demonstrated you had a clue about what you're talking about since you've been here.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X