No announcement yet.

Eubank on his resume!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again Ironmike,

With Collins 2, I think Eubank came in a little overconfident. I think after fight 1 he came away thinking that were he not spooked by the hypnosis thing, the home town crowd or any Michael Watson demons (which may have subdued his assault a little after he knocked down Collins with that right hand), then in his own mind Collins was there for the taking. He wasn't in the league (talent wise) of Benn or Watson!

Eubank seemed to have his old aggression back in gaining two first round KOs on the run up to Collins 2 and in the run up Eubank said 'My career is worth more than this man's life if he is going to use a hypnotist', so we were all expecting a super aggressive Eubank, hell bent on revenge. He actually said that he planned to knock out Collins in the first minute of the first round!!!

Problem was, this motivated Collins to train even harder than for fight one! His stamina and workrate were off the scale in fight 2 even though his defense was shockingly open. Eubank did not like being put under pressure by fitter fighters ever!

Sadly despite the split decision win for Collins in fight 2, Eubank was not impressive for me at all that night. I think he trained for one off power shots but left any combination work in the gym. Eubank always had fabulous combination work..... right, left, right, left hook. Four and five punch combinations, head and body. But they weren't to be seen that night. The combinations returned for the Thompson fights, so it wasn't like he was shot at all!!

The weight might have had a slight influence, he may have done better at light heavy, his legs did seem a little spindly and weak that night I suppose.

Eubank was simply outworked by a fitter guy who could match him in the chin stakes and he was unable to adapt or change his 'apparent' gameplan mid fight.

Prime for prime I'd pick Eubank over Collins, but Stevo certainly deserved fight 2.

Comment

Working...
    X