No announcement yet.

Boxing Books

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Books

Can anyone recommend me some good boxing books they have read ot know about? I've just finished reading fire & fear so looking for other good reads. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Muhammad-Ali-H.../dp/0671779710

By Thomas Hauser. Best Ali book imo.

Comment

"Hands of Stone" by Christian Giudice, a book about Roberto Duran. It's like a fighting biography, describing in detail his fights, their background, and his own major life events.

"Four Kings: Leonard, Hagler, Hearns and Duran" by George Kimball, a book about the fights between Leonard, Hagler, Hearns and Duran which are now legendary from the 1980s.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
        Can anyone recommend me some good boxing books they have read ot know about? I've just finished reading fire & fear so looking for other good reads. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
        Teddy Atlas autobiography and dave Anderson's book on SRR

Comment

im not big on reading but i enjoyed "going the distance" the ken norton story.
          As for help on actually boxing, id have to say Box like the pros by Joe Frazier and bill detloff is by far the best.

Comment

Thanks guys! I heard the hands of stone is a great read!

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
            im not big on reading but i enjoyed "going the distance" the ken norton story.
            As for help on actually boxing, id have to say Box like the pros by Joe Frazier and bill detloff is by far the best.
            Never heard of these books but i'll take a look! Thinking about buying the Joe Frazier autobiography to.

Comment

i just read this book,its about boxing,mma,mauy tia and all sorts of fighting,a very good read,he spends time in different camps training for fights,he trains with andre ward and his trainer,for mma he trains with pat miltech camp and shute box team,he also travels to thailand and has a muay tai fight,if you ever get a chance try it mate

Comment

Ring Of Fire - Emile Griffith Story

Comment

The Four Kings by George kimball
                  It covers the careers of Hagler, Hearns, Duran and Leonard
                  The Ghosts of Manila by Mark Kram:
                  It covers the blood feud between Ali and Frazier
                  The Dark trade by Donald McRae:
                  The writer spends a lot of time with: Toney, Tyson, Oscar and Eubank

Comment

In This Corner by Peter Heller

McIlvanney on Boxing by Hugh McIlvanney

They Could've Been Contenders by Jim McNeill

That Night in the Garden: Great Fights and Great Moments from Madison Square Gardens by Jim McNeill

Men of Steel: Lives and Times of Boxing's Middleweight Heroes by Peter Walsh

If you don't like those i'll give you your money back

Comment

Working...
                    X