No announcement yet.

Boxing Books

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
    Can anyone recommend me some good boxing books they have read ot know about? I've just finished reading fire & fear so looking for other good reads. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    LES DARCY - The Legend - Champion of Champions. BY RAYMOND SWANWICK ( try to get the Pictorial Version, real great photo's ), I checked on the net, it's available. Great read with a deep insight into the golden age and incredible round by round accounts of savage fistic battles featuring the great middleweights of the early 20th century and incredibe true accounts of the career of " The Maitland Wonder ". Highly recommended.

Comment

Just finished reading "Fighting Back" The Michael Watson story, very moving and inspirational read. Starts out with alot of boxing but by midway its all about his injury and the recovery process, what a brave and focused man. Hell of a fighter too, ive probably been guilty of overlooking him, his second fight with Eubank was a belter and his win over Benn is under rated even if Nigel improved afterwards

Though mainly a MW i think he gives Calzaghe Hell on earth, how do u see that going guys?

Comment

The Sam Langford book by Moyle is my favourite boxing book.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
          im not big on reading but i enjoyed "going the distance" the ken norton story.
          As for help on actually boxing, id have to say Box like the pros by Joe Frazier and bill detloff is by far the best.

that book, and a bunch of others traveled across country with me when i got out of school

it's totally destroyed now, and the cover that was once blue is so sunbleached it's seafoam green, but i i still got it!

my favorite boxing book to reread to this date. you can tell joe had a huge involvement in the book
          detloff did a tremendous job helping him write it.

also, check out the official boxing HOF register

great but short collection of biography and ringography for SOO MANY different fighters

my register from 15 years ago is what got me into boxing history (the best boxing ^^ )\
          that book was a game changer

Comment

Working...
          X