Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do think Was Tyson's biggest win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya berbick was awesome it rocketed him into superstardom, but spinks was sweet too

Comment

Spinks but Berbick is right behind it...

Comment

Definitely the Berbick knockout.One of the most memorable displays of power in the last 25 years of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by buff_mike10
          I liked the win against Tyrell Biggs, he took him all the way to the 7th by choice. He could have ended the fight early, but said he wanted Biggs to remember the fight forever. Tyson picked him apart slowly and painfully. The left hook KO was incredible, send Biggs down and half his body through the ropes. I liked the KO over Holmes also, Larry ran his mouth calling Tyson a dumb kid, and Tyson took out the old grandfather clock.
          Biggs was always sensitive.After he lost to Teofilio Stevenson, he was crying in the ring.

Comment

Best is a relative term. The Berbick win was most impressive and record setting. KOing Holmes and Spinks was something no other fighter was able to accomplish.

Technically, his best win was against Tony Tucker. Tucker was a half foot taller, undefeated with a belt, quick, good chin, jab and power, and Ali type of movement. Tyson had to use every ounce of patience, which he had back then with his original corner. Tyson basically pitched a shutout against a prime talented fighter and put him on the run for the bulk of the fight.

Comment

Razor Ruddock

Comment

Originally posted by KidBlackie
                Tyson basically pitched a shutout against a prime talented fighter and put him on the run for the bulk of the fight.
                If Tyson wasn't in his prime for the Douglas fight, then it would be hypocritical to say that Tony Tucker was in his "prime" for that fight with Tyson, don't you think?

I'm only saying that considering the fact that in the weeks leading up to the fight Tucker changed his managerial team (and trainer), spent the week leading up to and the very eve of it in court argueing with Dennis Rappaport, and also had become involved in the drug scene...not to mention Tucker busted his hand in the very first round when he caught Tyson with that uppercut.

If that was Tyson going through those things wouldn't there be a slew of Tyson fans coming up with excuses and dismissing the performance?

Comment

[[[If Tyson wasn't in his prime for the Douglas fight, then it would be hypocritical to say that Tony Tucker was in his "prime" for that fight with Tyson, don't you think?

I'm only saying that considering the fact that in the weeks leading up to the fight Tucker changed his managerial team (and trainer), spent the week leading up to and the very eve of it in court argueing with Dennis Rappaport, and also had become involved in the drug scene...not to mention Tucker busted his hand in the very first round when he caught Tyson with that uppercut.]]]
                  ==========

Never, ever heard of Tucker busting his hand in any fight, much less the Tyson fight. Moreover his managerial team was his Dad, who ended up stealing his money after this fight as I recall. Tucker, like Tyson, used some drugs. Tucker went on to regain the title after his best days when Tyson was in jail, proving the talent he possessed.

Tyson may have been in his physical prime for Douglas, but not his mental prime. He was on a downward spiral after marrying Givens, ditching his original team and signing with King and his modest journeyman's record afterwards is proof. For his first 5 years Tyson was the best heavy who ever existed. Afterwards, he was kinda like a lethargic Mike Weaver, still winning a few big fights, but losing key fights.

Comment

Originally posted by KidBlackie View Post
                    Best is a relative term. The Berbick win was most impressive and record setting. KOing Holmes and Spinks was something no other fighter was able to accomplish.

Technically, his best win was against Tony Tucker. Tucker was a half foot taller, undefeated with a belt, quick, good chin, jab and power, and Ali type of movement. Tyson had to use every ounce of patience, which he had back then with his original corner. Tyson basically pitched a shutout against a prime talented fighter and put him on the run for the bulk of the fight.
                    - - U noobs wanting to know the history of the history forum, here I be in my first itineration signing in on the best computer I ever owned, my old IBM mainframe calling a phone # that signed me on to the internet.

Technology booted me off, so I got a new Dell mainframe and Time/Warner cable, whom AOL had bought out when AOL was the top internet provider in the world. AOL kaputsky a couple of years after 911 disaster, so Time/Warner TV cable added internet. BS wouldn't let me use my old handle, so I came back as LondonRingRules, but then a BS virus killed my new Dell computer, so when I returned to the internet with another new Dell, I skipped BS.

It wasn't until Google took over as top dog and instituted new protocols that sites had to adopt to get the secure status when you bring up any site on a google search. That's when I came back and found out AOL(Long defunct by then) forum members Houdini, Jab, and my good buddy Scott had migrated here, but Scott had passed before I returned R.I.P.

Yogi, Butterfly, and other long time residents seemed to have hacked out and not returned or passed like Scott who was hardly an old man when he passed.

So, Kid Blackie still alive and kicking attacking pit bull asses when not pulling monkey tails on BS...

Comment

Spinks for me. Despite criticism that Spinks was a Lt Heavy, he had already won 4 fights at HW, two of those against Holmes. He was only 7 pounds lighter than Tyson while standing at least 4 - 5 inches taller. A master boxer who is one of the best Lt Heavy's of all time. He was defeated before he even left the locker room. No one ever handled or intimidated Spinks like that and when you consider his level of competition that's impressive.
                      _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X