No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali Takes Multiple Bombs From Earnie Shavers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
    The second round. Shavers said he hit Ali as hard as he hit anybody, including Larry Holmes, and couldn't believe it when Ali didn't go down. Ali called Shavers the strongest puncher he ever fought.

8:35

9:45

Shavers hit Ali with plenty of big right hands throughout the fight.
    Would Ali have taken the shot in the Holmes fight? Do you think it was of equal power or more power?

Comment

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
      Would Ali have taken the shot in the Holmes fight? Do you think it was of equal power or more power?
      I think it was the same power but ali was leaning back and the punch was moving the same way his head was moving so relatively the impact was much less.

notice how ali's head flings back, this helps the brain keep from impacting with the sides of the head where as holmes keeps his head still which has it act like a brick wall for the brain to smash into.

Comment

Sad fight in retrospect, this one of the bouts that put the finishing blows on Ali's health.

Comment

Originally posted by knn View Post
          Obviously YOU are the only one who didn't watch it otherwise you wouldn't fabulate about "scary punching power" which was definitely not visible in the whole video, Mrs Muhama Duck.
          Please, please tell me you did not just call Ali a duck. You can say whatever you want about his defense (which would be stupid on your part, but whatever), but calling him a duck is absurd. Who else would you want him to fight? I'm sorry he missed Beowulf's prime, but he fought everyone in the greatest heavyweight era in history. You idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
            Please, please tell me you did not just call Ali a duck. You can say whatever you want about his defense (which would be stupid on your part, but whatever), but calling him a duck is absurd. Who else would you want him to fight? I'm sorry he missed Beowulf's prime, but he fought everyone in the greatest heavyweight era in history. You idiot.
            No, he was talking about the poster mmuhammadd or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Shen View Post
              No, he was talking about the poster mmuhammadd or something like that.
              Oh, ok, good. I was a little baffled at that, thanks for clearing it up.

Comment

Working...
              X