No announcement yet.

Emanuel Augustus

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
    This is a myth made up by the Mayweather fanboys.Mayweather never dominated Castillo in the rematch.Castillo won in the very least four rounds and it can be argued that he deserved five.When you take into consideration that no other fighter has won as many rounds against Mayweather than Castillo has then Mayweather's excuses fall flat on it's face.

What lead following the Castillo bouts was over four years of chicken****ting by Mayweather.
    I just recently rewatched the rematch and Mayweather picked him apart. Castillo took a couple of the middle rounds mostly on sheer inactivity as not much was landing (6,7 were Castillo for sure), and likewise some of the middle rounds were close (5 namely, also 9). I'll average that to account for potential variances resulting in 9-3, which I consider a wide decision win. That said, more fighters would be advised to attempt that sort of strategy against Mayweather.

Comment

Very entertaining. Could have been world champion at one point if he had fought the right opponent and was in the right mental space, with a full training period.

No, the Hurtado fight wasn't close. Hurtado won nearly every round.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
        Nice comparison. Have you ever seen a fighter get robbed so many times? Gave Floyd one of his toughest fights and the fight against Ward was the greatest fight in the history of ESPN FNF's
        He probably got robbed bad 2-3 times, and lost another 10 decisions that could have gone his way depending on the judge. That was the problem with Augustus, while I usually had him winning a fight...it was usually not by very much.

Comment

He was the fn man. Ashame he's not a famous as he should be to casual fans who turn into boxing every now in then. He was a fan's fighter. It's so hard not to like him unless you absolutely hate showboating. His record is so deceiving. I think his fight with Ward was almost as close as it gets to being as good as Gatti-Ward 1. I think it was definitely better then the other 2.

Comment

That fight with Ward was a classic, but most fights with Ward are classics!

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
              Nice comparison. Have you ever seen a fighter get robbed so many times? Gave Floyd one of his toughest fights and the fight against Ward was the greatest fight in the history of ESPN FNF's
              glen johnson

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                Mayweather claims that Augustus gave him his toughest fight although we all know he's just saying that to try and discredit Jose Luis Castillo and pretend as if his struggles with the Mexican never happened.
                That claim that Augustus was his hardest fight seems like pure BS, unless he just means that it was the hardest fight he had had up to that time (remember that fight was early in Mayweather's career, even before Corrales). Mayweather won every round of that fight, and it remained one-sided even after he broke his right hand and was basically just using his left.

Comment

Working...
                X