Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rematch that should have, but never happened.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calzaghe vs Reid, to settle once and for all if it was a really bad night for Calzaghe or if Reid's style gives Calzaghe problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Jones View Post
      Although I know they eventually fought at super welter, I think Hearns-Leonard should have happened alot quicker at welter.. But Leonard was being a difficult baby and said he first wanted Hearns to admit that he couldn't have won the first fight. Unlike Duran who immediatly gave him a rematch. Leanord waited to Hearns was a little older and got damn lucky to get a draw.(horrible decision.)

If you knew anything about boxing history you'd know that the rematch didn't happen immediately because Leonard suffered a detached retina after the first fight causing him to retire the first time. The doctors warned that if he continued fighting he risked going blind. That's why the rematch didn't happen immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteSoldier View Post
        Theres a reason why Ali didn't give a rematch to Foreman. Foreman would have killed Ali in the ring and not played around this time.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteSoldier View Post
          Theres a reason why Ali didn't give a rematch to Foreman. Foreman would have killed Ali in the ring and not played around this time. And I'll go with Lennox vs Vitali. That is one fight that needed a rematch.
          I'm not so sure about that. Ali brought a hole new element to the fight with Rope-a-Dope. Knowing about it going in is huge, but Ali was a great multi-faceted fighter. There were so many levels to him it would be very hard to beat him. There is a reason why Ali is the greatest and Foreman isn't.

Comment

sweetfights

In would also have loved to have seen Ali vs Foreman 2!!
            sweetfights

Comment

Foreman in his new book again says he got funny water before the fight from **** saddler, I thought he wasnt bitter anymore about it? He says he didnt write it to sell books but to tell the truth.....doesnt look like the truth to me. He threw everything he had the first few rounds as usual, progressively got slower and slower, and was really tired by the 8th. A rematch would prolly go in alis favor too since he can last the 15 rounds.

Comment

Chavez vs Whitaker
                Chavez vs Randall immediately after the second fight

Comment

Duran vs Buchanan II
                  Thats a fight that shouldve definitley happened. In my eyes it's a big black mark against Duran that it never.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964 View Post
                    Notihng funny about what he said, if Ali/Foreman happened again, Ali would either win a very close decision or get KO'd in spectacular fashion... It's 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
                      Foreman in his new book again says he got funny water before the fight from **** saddler, I thought he wasnt bitter anymore about it? He says he didnt write it to sell books but to tell the truth.....doesnt look like the truth to me. He threw everything he had the first few rounds as usual, progressively got slower and slower, and was really tired by the 8th. A rematch would prolly go in alis favor too since he can last the 15 rounds.
                      Foreman could **** in the later rounds too, if he made adjustements second time around he'd probably beat Ali... It just happened to be Ali's night...

Comment

Working...
                      X