Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Eubank vs James Toney Prime 4 Prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Eubank vs James Toney Prime 4 Prime?

Chris Eubank former WBO middleweight and super middleweight chamion. He was a world champion for 5 years from 90-95. His biggest assets were his chin boxing skills he had a good dig. Big entertainer and great to watch.

James Toney former World champion at afew diffrent weights. Very good boxer with good boxing skills and a good chin. Very arrogant and very unpredictable.

Who would win prime 4 prime? I think it would be a very close fight alot of people would disagree but i would go for eubank in his prime beating benn he was great. This would of been a great match up. Who have you got winning this matchup?
    Eubank
    30.95%
    Toney
    69.05%

Eubank had a TERRIFIC stiff jab, untelegraphed and doubled like a flicker of lightning, it would 100% depend on whether Toney could read it to avoid and counter or he'd be grinded down.

Comment

Originally posted by Stallone60 View Post
      Chris Eubank former WBO middleweight and super middleweight chamion. He was a world champion for 5 years from 90-95. His biggest assets were his chin boxing skills he had a good dig. Big entertainer and great to watch.

James Toney former World champion at afew diffrent weights. Very good boxer with good boxing skills and a good chin. Very arrogant and very unpredictable.

Who would win prime 4 prime? I think it would be a very close fight alot of people would disagree but i would go for eubank in his prime beating benn he was great. This would of been a great match up. Who have you got winning this matchup?
      Who have you got winning? ive got it SD Eubank.

Comment

I'd lean towards Eubank although it would be one helluva contest!

Comment

If pressed I'd go with Eubank, if he got his jab off good from the start. If he didn't, though, Toney outworks him via countering in combinations and takes it.

Comment

Eubank, as much as I love him, is a poor man's James Toney. None of his victories tell you anything about this fight because Toney is more like him (a better version of him) than any of Eubank's actual opponents. How do you beat a better version of yourself? You don't.

Comment

Two completely different styles in the ring! Toney stationary and inside, Eubank mobile and outside. Though both counter-punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by coghaugen View Post
                Two completely different styles in the ring! Toney stationary and inside, Eubank mobile and outside. Though both counter-punchers.
                Please. Eubank was far from mobile. He moved in spots, he never stuck with it. Man was at his most dangerous when he stood his ground.

Comment

Big fan of both boxers. Actually I met Chris Eubank a few weeks back in Brighton. He was pretty cool and up for a chat, but he's so up his own arse. I followed his career closely in the 90's but he's so ****ed up!

James Toney is a funny ****er. End of.

Right, down to the boxing. James Toney via decision....maybe 8-4 or 7-5 in rounds. Something like that. It'd be an interesting fight if not a spectacular one.

A few similarities. Both were pretty slick, had excellent chins...and were both accurate, solid punchers. I think Toney lands more shots though...I don't see either knocking the other out, but I do see Toney landing more shots and winning a decision in a fight for the purists.

James Toney circa 89-94 was such a great middleweight. The fights with McCallum were pure class.

Comment

Didn't Eubank say so himself that Toney would beat him?

I'd back Toney to win a close UD. I think it would be a great contest between both fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X