No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe vs Lucian Bute?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Calzaghe vs Lucian Bute?

I just watched afew Butes fights and he looks like a new Calzaghe the style he has. He has fast hands good punching power. Calzaghe is a legend and has done it all proved all the critics and also had a good chin great heart, power and speed. Who wins this fight????
    Joe Calzaghe
    91.67%
    Lucian Bute
    8.33%

Well, although Calzaghe is truly great. Greater than I think Bute could ever be, Bute has genuinely good power whereas Calzaghe didn't. He was able to hurt guys with a shot but Bute has knocked out Andrade for God's sake! That puts him in a different power stratosphere than Calzaghe.

nonetheless, I don't think there will be anyone in or around 168 that will equal Calzaghe's run, skill or 'greatness' in a very long time.

I would take Calzaghe in a head to head match too. A bit too crafty inside and a bit quicker outside along with that freak stamina that would see him pile it on in the latter rounds.

Comment

I think both fighters can get to the others chin fairly easily and with good power. I think Calzaghe has more stamina and doesn't seem to panic when he is under duress nearly as much than Bute and so I'll take him to outwork Bute and eventually overwhelm him en route to a KO victory. That said the book isn't out on Bute, we still need to see him fight some fighter's with different styles his last big fights have all been against 1 dimensional sluggers (Zuniga, Andrade, Miranda) before we can really judge where he is at in my opinion.

On another note I think it's a shame Calzaghe went out when he did. I think he was still good enough to beat the Abraham's/Froch's/Green's/Taylor's/Dirrell's of the division and really tally some good wins up to really bolster his resume.

Comment

calzaghe would take some big shots and maybe have to pick himself off the floor to win a hard fought decision

Andrade gave bute hell in their first fight simply by applying pressure,says it all really

Comment

Working...
        X