Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holyfield, Frazier, Marciano, Ali, Gatti - my top 5

Comment

Originally posted by tommyhearns804
      You dont seem to be able to grasp logic .Ali was still hurt tons of times.He was knocked down 4 times in his career from one punch.Just because he got up doesnt mean he had a great chin.It has to do with his being to recover from punches quick.Maricano didnt fight any top level fighters in their primes.If he had to face Foreman Frazier Lewis he would of been knocked out.Marciano was dropped 2 times in his career by guys who were naturally smaller than him.As i said a great chin means you get hit and walk right through the punch.Foreman Tua Hagler Mccall did this.Ali couldnt.
      well, ali was floored by cooper, but your boy foreman was floored by young. who would you rather be floored by? enough said.

Comment

Tex Cobb, Chuvalo, LaMotta, Marciano, and Ali in no particular order.
        Last edited by Brockton Lip; 02-23-2006, 02:43 PM.

Comment

David Tua... just look all his fight who lasted 10 and 12 rds.. its just amazing

Comment

Can't believe La Motta isnt in this poll!

Comment

larry holmes should be on there. i saw that shot he took from shavers. jus plain crazy. i think tyson whould have went down from that shot

Comment

larry holmes, rocky marciano, jake lamotta, where are they?

Comment

lamotta basillio hagler holyfield ali marciano foreman gatti

Comment

Holmes man...that guy has the heart of a lion. I just can't believe how he got up from Shavers hardest punch. It was clean to his jaw/chin and definitely the hardest he could throw. Shavers is probably the second hardest hitter ever so that makes it even more impressive.

Comment

Chin

I determine a person's chin not by how many times they are knocked down but by how many times they don't get up. Part of having a chin is adjusting and re-composing yourself after being hurt...so Robinson and Ali are 1-2 when it comes to chins, with Hagler a close third. Had Hagler been in a few more wars like the ones he had with Mugabi and Hearns, we would know if he measured up to Ali and Robinson...but with Ali and SR Rob...it was no doubt, NO ONE could knock these guys out and they fought a lot of bangers over and over again...that's CHIN.

Comment

Working...
                      X