Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toughest fighter of all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The True Blood & Guts Warrior.... Arturo "Thunder" Gatti .... one of many.

Comment

• Dempsey, Zale, LaMotta, and I've watched their first fight maybe 30 times, Ward and Gatti get in this catagory on that fight alone..IMHO

Comment

• Been some really toughed guys mentioned here, do i do think even do he was a caution first fighter soutpaw, Hector Chamacho is pretty underrated for toughness he went in with some pretty big punchers and some heavy handed guys such as Jose Luis Ramirez,Edwin Rosario,Vinny Pazienza,Julio Cesar Chavez,Roberto Duranx2,Ray Leonard,Oscar De La Hoya,Felix Trinidad, and Yes Leonard and Duran were over the hill but Duran could still bang a bit, and he took a beating from Chavez in the later rounds, Trinidad hit with some bombs and so did Oscar, and he beat Paz, Edwin and Ramirez.Never stopped in 86 bouts.

Comment

• Battling Nelson also Gets my Vote

Comment

• Obviously the two that first come to mind are Gatti and LaMotta. They are probably the two most highly publicised because of their toughness. Not sure if they actually were the toughest guys though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
              Been some really toughed guys mentioned here, do i do think even do he was a caution first fighter soutpaw, Hector Chamacho is pretty underrated for toughness he went in with some pretty big punchers and some heavy handed guys such as Jose Luis Ramirez,Edwin Rosario,Vinny Pazienza,Julio Cesar Chavez,Roberto Duranx2,Ray Leonard,Oscar De La Hoya,Felix Trinidad, and Yes Leonard and Duran were over the hill but Duran could still bang a bit, and he took a beating from Chavez in the later rounds, Trinidad hit with some bombs and so did Oscar, and he beat Paz, Edwin and Ramirez.Never stopped in 86 bouts.
              Good call. Hector was one tough SOB.

Comment

• Originally posted by marciano1952 View Post
                Battling Nelson also Gets my Vote
                Same here Battling Nelson is the toughest

Comment

• Hagler was a tough SOB!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fight fan View Post
                    These were mob fixed fights!!!!! It had nothing to do with his toughness which was unquestionable!!
                    Yes but it ruins his credibility , and i dont think it is fair to call a "Diver" the toughest in Boxing, Doesn't look good for the sport. But he was a great fighter.

But id have to say Marciano , 49 - 0 doesn't lie, I have seen fights when he has been beat up but came back to win, he took a fantastic Left hook from Walcott in the first fight, that would have KOed 99% of men, But Rocky got up after 2 and didn't even looked hurt. A tough man

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
                      not sure about fraizer, quit on his stool against ali and was knocked down six times in one fight against fraizer and twice in the other.
                      i suppose you could say that he deserves credit for getting up all those times, but tough guys dont get embarrased like that
                      no he didnt, his trainer stopped the fight and joe never spoke to him again

Comment

Working...
                      X