• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamotta was tough as nails.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
      i agree leff, dis thread is about the toughest boxer not the hardest chin
      I agree! the quality of chin has nothing to do with toughness! Toughness is mostly mental!!!!!

Take Golota for instance. The shot he took from Tyson in their fight was impressive! He barely went down and was up by 1 or 2, but he was the most un-tough fighter I can think of. His non-toughness and mental state is what made him the biggest waste of talent the last 20 years! Some would kill for a chin like his, but it didn't do him any good!

Comment

Tex Cobb wanted to get into fights with some of these people, that's what made him tough. He wasn't very good, but he was tough.

Rocky Marciano was tough, not just for being able to take a punch, but for being able to clobber people back when anyone else might have dropped. Plus, the gloves were constructed in a poor fashion back then, which made taking a punch a little more difficult.

Chuck Wepner was tough. He's the guy who inspired Sly to write Rocky.

Comment

I'd say wepner. Did you ever see the fight between him and Ali? DAMN......wepner's head was swelled up like a balloon, and he NEVER went down in his entire career. He was a big ass guy, but he could take the punishment like no other i've seen.

Comment

I'd say wepner. Did you ever see the fight between him and Ali? DAMN......wepner's head was swelled up like a balloon, and he NEVER went down in his entire career. He was a big ass guy, but he could take the punishment like no other i've seen.
            Yeah he was real tough. We have to thank him because he helped to inspire Sly Stallone to write Rocky!

Comment

Hey southpaw stinger.......wanna just say I think you're a good man. Most forums......hell, most people if you say something to them or about them in one post they won't agree with you on anything and will try to make your life hell for the rest of your time on the forum. In a different post I told you to take your **** outta your bf's ass and we dissagreed....you called me a 10yr old, but yet in this thread we agree and there's no flaming. I can't say as much for most people. If I had any points i'd donate some to you. This is one helluva forum. Glad I found it.

Comment

While the Rocky series produced the least realistic boxing I've ever seen, the first and second movies actually had quality character development and an interesting story. Thanks to Mr. Wepner for putting on a show against the travelling circus!

Comment

Hey southpaw stinger.......wanna just say I think you're a good man. Most forums......hell, most people if you say something to them or about them in one post they won't agree with you on anything and will try to make your life hell for the rest of your time on the forum. In a different post I told you to take your **** outta your bf's ass and we dissagreed....you called me a 10yr old, but yet in this thread we agree and there's no flaming. I can't say as much for most people. If I had any points i'd donate some to you. This is one helluva forum. Glad I found it.

Cheers

Comment

"for those other guys you talked about i never heard of them i will be honest....and yes i do harbor certain fellings for white athletes jessus christ im white would it be wrong for a mexican to like mexican fighters?"

it's a breath of fresh air to see pride without racism

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
                      Yeah he was real tough. We have to thank him because he helped to inspire Sly Stallone to write Rocky!
                      i do think raocky was inspired by many boxers.

the huge underdog story and rocky record remninds me about braddock.

the character rocky probably inspired by marciano

and the apollo-rocky fight inspired from ali-wepner

Comment

Working...
                      X