Most famous boxer ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali. Hands down.

Comment

How Jack Dempsey and Sugar Ray Robinson don't make the list over ODLH, Pacroid, and Louis is baffling.

Comment

Ali and Tyson tie in my opinion. People that don't even watch boxing know who they are.

Comment

A survey said Jesus, Mickey Mouse, and Muhammad Ali are/were the most recognizable faces in the world. That means fame beyond language barriers.

Comment

yes Ali is up there with the most famous sports ppl of all time like Micheal Jordan, Pele, Maradona

Comment

very tought to pick one but i will say Butterbean. If you want a seroius answer Muhammad Ali hands down. I mean who else would fight Inoki in japan?

Comment

Michael Jordan is not that famous outside of North America

Originally posted by Obama View Post
                How Jack Dempsey and Sugar Ray Robinson don't make the list over ODLH, Pacroid, and Louis is baffling.

I'm no fan of Pacquiao but this garbage shouldn't be tolerated in the history section.

Ray Robinson? LMAO.You really are a fanboy,aren't you dunce?

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanYeti View Post
                  I know people who don't know Muhammad Ali. Far and in between, yes, but they're out there. Everyone knows Tyson, even if it's as "that guy who bit that other guy's ear off." I think it's gotta be Iron Mike with Ali as a close second.
                  Right, because Ali retired from the sport 30 years ago where as Tyson only hung up the gloves 5 years ago making him fresh in this generations mind. If you had any common sense you would've figured this one out for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                    Who is the most famous of all time? There are a few boxers that everybody seems to know, and it seems like I hear Tyson's name everyday. Whether it be an old episode of fresh prince, a song, reference to him in a movie, or whatever.

Obviously he's my pick, what do you guys think, out of the 5 listed? If other, select that and explain.
                    Muhammad Aliiiiiiii!!!

Comment

Tyson having that tattoo on his face ensures that he will be famous and recognised till the day he dies.

If he didn't, I think less people would have recognised him. Infact, many people won't know what he looks like, though they'll be familiar with the name.

Comment

Working...
                      X