Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters who went undefeated in more than 10 title fights for their career.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
    These are the heavies i can think of with 10 or more:

Mike Tyson
    Marciano
    Holmes
    Ali
    Joe Louis
    Lewis
    Every one on your list other than Rocky lost title fights in their career. Marciano never lost a title fight, but only engaged in 7 title fights. I'm asking about fighters with 10 or more title fights that never lost throughout their entire career. Rocky was 7-0. Tyson lost 4 title fights. Holmes lost 4 title fights. Ali lost 3 title fights. Joe Louis lost 1 title fight. Lennox lost 2 title fights.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
      Every one on your list other than Rocky lost title fights in their career. Marciano never lost a title fight, but only engaged in 7 title fights. I'm asking about fighters with 10 or more title fights that never lost throughout their entire career. Rocky was 7-0. Tyson lost 4 title fights. Holmes lost 4 title fights. Ali lost 3 title fights. Joe Louis lost 1 title fight. Lennox lost 2 title fights.
      Ah i was thinking 10 title fights in a row! Sorry mate, my mistake!

Comment

How many fights went their entire career with more than 10 title fights undefeated? I will start by naming a few and the rest of the board can add others.

Floyd Mayweather
        Ricardo Lopez
        Aaron Pryor
        Joe Calzhage
        Salvador Sanchez
        If you're going to count current fighters like Mayweather, you might as well add

Ivan Calderon with 11 defenses of his WBO minweight and 5 defenses of his WBO light flyweight title for a total of 18 title fights.
        Zsolt Erdei with 13. 11 defenses of his WBO LHW and just won WBC CW.
        Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 03-15-2010, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
          If you're going to count current fighters like Mayweather, you might as well add

Ivan Calderon with 11 defenses of his WBO minweight and 5 defenses of his WBO light flyweight title for a total of 18 title fights.
          Zsolt Erdei with 13. 11 defenses of his WBO LHW and just won WBC CW.
          Yes, they definitely count. Excellent additions.

Comment

Yes, they definitely count. Excellent additions.
            Thanks. Kind of a shame not to seen Calderon get some p4p recognition, especially with someone like Cotto in there being KOd in half of his last 4 fights. And Ivan clearly having the skills of a p4p kinda guy. Flyweights and below get no love.

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
              Thanks. Kind of a shame not to seen Calderon get some p4p recognition, especially with someone like Cotto in there being KOd in half of his last 4 fights. And Ivan clearly having the skills of a p4p kinda guy. Flyweights and below get no love.
              I agree. Calderon should be inducted into the IBHOF once eligible. He has had an excellent career

Comment

Working...
              X