No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr Or Jake Lamotta?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
    He took the unbeaten record of the greatest fighter of all time in ray robinson, was rated the number 1 middleweight for years but couldnt get a title shot, a king without a crown the ring ****zine use to call him, even when he was still just past his prime he had enough left to stop french harman and all time great himself marcel cerden to finally become middleweight champion.
    Sounds just a little better than the career of Antonio Tarver.

Comment

Originally posted by .Buddha. View Post
      Thanks for replying. I havent seen any of his fights. Which ones would you recommend?
      The fight against marcel cerden were he wins the title or his rematch against irish bob murphy are good fights, but there really isnt much footage of him in his prime years

Comment

Prime RJJ RIVALS GODS. LOL @ people who compare any old school fighter to RJJ in his Prime. We know you guys have boxing knowledge but accept it already RJJ = GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyh1015 View Post
          Prime RJJ RIVALS GODS. LOL @ people who compare any old school fighter to RJJ in his Prime. We know you guys have boxing knowledge but accept it already RJJ = GOAT
          I wouldnt go that far, he was good no doubt, but not the greatest of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
            Sounds just a little better than the career of Antonio Tarver.
            Tarver was good enough to beat Roy Jones, wasn't he? Yes, we all know he was washed up, weight-drained.
            There is no comparison between the careers of Jake LaMotta and Antonio Tarver. LaMotta is one of the top 10 greatest middleweights of all time in my opinion while Tarver probably doesn't make my top 20 greatest light heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
              Tarver was good enough to beat Roy Jones, wasn't he? Yes, we all know he was washed up, weight-drained.
              There is no comparison between the careers of Jake LaMotta and Antonio Tarver. LaMotta is one of the top 10 greatest middleweights of all time in my opinion while Tarver probably doesn't make my top 20 greatest light heavyweights.
              I thought you don't have personal lists?

Comment

Great As gettin defensive... Youre all witnessing!

Comment

roys handspeed is just too much for la motta

Comment

Originally posted by The Underdog View Post
                    I thought you don't have personal lists?
                    Pound for pound.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                      Pound for pound.
                      Post your Division by Division ratings up!

Comment

Working...
                      X