Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most exciting fighter of every generation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
    I rate Pacquiao as an immensely exciting fighter. A little less so of late, as he's been trouncing the opposition with little return fire, but even allowing for that, how can you not love a super-fast, power-punching, defensively-deficient fighter who marks up, cuts, swells, & never stops throwing?

He's absolutely ahead of Marquez & Barrera (exciting fighters in their own right), & really only second on that list above me to Morales.
    I think Pac's immensely exciting too. But Marquez, Barrera and Morales, oh man. They're special. Really, really special. Pacquiao's had some crackers, but his most exciting fights were against those Marquez and Morales, I'd say. The other good Pacquiao fights have almost been like Tyson fights, where you just watch for a sick performance more than a back and forth. But look at Morales-Ayala. That was a whoopin. Just as dominant as Pacquiao-Margarito. But didn't it feel less like bull**** and more like "oh man, he is just crushing this guy!" Or Marquez-Katsidis. That was another beatdown. But they still had a lot of back and forth action. I feel like Pacquiao has so outpaced his competition that the fights are too predictable. "Oh, look at that. He slipped another punch and bounced another three punches off of Margo's face. Whoopee."

And I just like those guys and their styles more.

Comment

thanks for the fights

Comment

90s is Hamed and 00s is Gatti

Comment

Whitaker was the most exciting fighter of my generation.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            Whitaker was the most exciting fighter of my generation.

I enjoy the sweet science as much as anybody but Pernell had quite a few boring fights

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              I enjoy the sweet science as much as anybody but Pernell had quite a few boring fights
              I agree to some extent, but at his best he was an absolute marvel and I still love to watch him, I'm pretty sure that poster is not a fan of "toe to toe" and is particularly into chessmatches.

Comment

Theres no exement like a big Tyson fight, sheer unadulterated Violence and a sick KO all but gaurenteed

Tommy Hearns was very exciting, Tito Trinidad too with his huge punch and shakey chin.

Gatti was in the best fights ive evr seen, watched the Wilson Rodriguez fight again last night and it might be even better than the Ward classic

Marquez and Barrera are real exciting, Morales a little more so

Pacquaio and Mosley are good shouts

U can get excited watching Dempsey tear into someone even now

Roy Jones brought a different type of excitement

Prince Naz Hammed needs to be mentioned he was excitement personified

And also a shout to a young Ricky Hatton before all the mauling

and one of my personal favourites Salfords Jamie Moore, never in a bad fight

Comment

Cannot believe i forgot The Dark Destroyer Nigel Benn!
                  AND The Hawk Aaron Pryor! Those dudes Brought It!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    Cannot believe i forgot The Dark Destroyer Nigel Benn!
                    AND The Hawk Aaron Pryor! Those dudes Brought It!
                    Benn's a good call. Category being exciting as oppossed to best the likes of Graziano and Saad should rank highly. Satterfield and Shavers fit the profile too.
                    Ideal mix is a lot of agression with punching power coupled with a dodgy chin and questionable stamina

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                      Benn's a good call. Category being exciting as oppossed to best the likes of Graziano and Saad should rank highly. Satterfield and Shavers fit the profile too.
                      Ideal mix is a lot of agression with punching power coupled with a dodgy chin and questionable stamina
                      Hit like a freight train, but could be knocked out by a cool breeze.

Last edited by RubenSonny; 03-29-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X