No announcement yet.

Overrated Bad Decisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
    they were close fights and i wouldnt have no objection to anybody scoring it for hopkins
    you are right though,speed beats hopkins,he is better at beating one-dimensional fighters
    I respectfully disagree with that tbh, to me Hopkins gets labeled that in the latter part of his career because (a) he lost to Roy who just happens to be one of, if not the quickest fighter of all time at 160 (b)because when your old as Hopkins is, its obvious your reflexes went a long time ago and that your just relying on timing to get by at this point (c) because Hopkins is old and his reflexes went a long time ago his timing alone is not enough to beat the quicker fighters with! good skills (Taylor) but he can still beat the one dimensional plodders like Pavlik, therefore people look at the Taylor fight and the Jones fight and the wins over one dimensional fighters like Pavlik and assume he could never! handle speed and thats why he lost to Roy, Taylor and beat Pavlik etc.

Comment

Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales I
      Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales II
      Ray Leonard vs Marvin Hagler

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Both Marquez-Pacquiao fights. Knockdowns count people.

Froch-Dirrell. I thought Froch did nothing and lost the fight but Dirrell lost it himself.

De La Hoya-Trinidad. Bottom line is Trinidad kept fighting and Oscar decided to give away the end of the fight.
        I strongly disagree with the ones in bold.

Many people use the excuse that Dirrell "lost it himself".. but what did he really do? He made Froch miss, most of the night, and landed more effective punches. I just think it's an excuse that was started by Froch fans and others actually bought into it.

As for DLH-Trinidad, that wasn't close, at all in my opinion. DLH gave away the final rounds, but I thought he gave Trinidad a boxing lesson in the rest of the fight. I don't know how anyone could've given the fight to Trinidad.

Comment

I am a fan of both Hearns and SRL but i always thought they made the second fight as this huge highway robbery. I had SRL winning by a point. There were possibly two rounds both 5 and 12 that Tommy was in queer street and could have been scored 10-8. I know that even SRL now says he probably lost the fight but I saw many close Rds that could have gotten either way. The fact that it ended in a draw perhaps was justice for this close fight that many thought Hearns was robbed. Also if it went 15 RDS like the first fight i see SRL stopping the Motor City Cobra again.

Comment

Originally posted by Royalty View Post
            I strongly disagree with the ones in bold.

Many people use the excuse that Dirrell "lost it himself".. but what did he really do? He made Froch miss, most of the night, and landed more effective punches. I just think it's an excuse that was started by Froch fans and others actually bought into it.

As for DLH-Trinidad, that wasn't close, at all in my opinion. DLH gave away the final rounds, but I thought he gave Trinidad a boxing lesson in the rest of the fight. I don't know how anyone could've given the fight to Trinidad.
            Well to be fair the DLH/Tito fight was a carbon copy of DLH/Quartey in that regard no? but people still make out DLH pulled the fight out in a matter of 2 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
              Well to be fair the DLH/Tito fight was a carbon copy of DLH/Quartey in that regard no? but people still make out DLH pulled the fight out in a matter of 2 rounds
              I don't see how it was a carbon copy. Quartey was landing cleaner punches more frequently on DLH than Trinidad did.

Comment

Originally posted by Royalty View Post
                I don't see how it was a carbon copy. Quartey was landing cleaner punches more frequently on DLH than Trinidad did.
                I agree but im referring to how Quartey shoulda won the fight and dominated majority of it yet some fans like to think DLH pulled it around in the last 3 rounds Lol

Comment

Vargas-Wright.

People act like Winky wasrobbed but in reality the fight could have went either way.

Comment

I agree but im referring to how Quartey shoulda won the fight and dominated majority of it yet some fans like to think DLH pulled it around in the last 3 rounds Lol
                    If you thought DLH deserved to lose the fight, that's fine. But I don't see why this fight should excuse the DLH-Trinidad fight. They were fought differently.

Comment

I respectfully disagree with that tbh, to me Hopkins gets labeled that in the latter part of his career because (a) he lost to Roy who just happens to be one of, if not the quickest fighter of all time at 160 (b)because when your old as Hopkins is, its obvious your reflexes went a long time ago and that your just relying on timing to get by at this point (c) because Hopkins is old and his reflexes went a long time ago his timing alone is not enough to beat the quicker fighters with! good skills (Taylor) but he can still beat the one dimensional plodders like Pavlik, therefore people look at the Taylor fight and the Jones fight and the wins over one dimensional fighters like Pavlik and assume he could never! handle speed and thats why he lost to Roy, Taylor and beat Pavlik etc.
                      i see your point DK

i think its fair to say that only speed fighters have a chance of beating hopkins though,because if his opponent lets him get into a rhythm and cant upset it,then they are in for a long frustrating night

i know thats veering off subject slightly,justthought id throw it out there

Comment

Working...
                      X