• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Benjamin$_ View Post
    I bear his name.
    manny "pacman" pacquiao!

Comment

Originally posted by cple View Post
      Pancho Villa is generally regarded as the greatest Filipino fighter of all-time. Then there are others such as Flash Elorde and Cerefino Garcia.

Pacquiao still has a ways to go to be considered the greatest.
      didnt he die real young???

Comment

Pacquiao is without a doubt the greatest Pinoy boxer of all time.

Comment

It's going to be hard for me to say anything but Pacquiao because I wasn't around when Flash Elorde or Pancho Villa were in the game. I can say with great certainty that Pacquiao had the most impact on the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by += El Jefe=+ View Post
            didnt he die real young???
            He died I think at 23 when he he had oral surgery to remove a bad tooth, then spent the rest of the week on a drinking and whoring binge, dying of a mouth infection.

Comment

flash elorde's career is taught in primary school

Comment

1. Elorde
                2. Pancho Villa
                3. Pacquiao
                4. Ceferino
                5. Dodie Boy

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
                  I'll tell you, it's tough. There have been so many great Filipino fighters, like Elorde, Penalosa, Villa, Villaflor, and Garcia. I have seen tons of tape from all of the greats, but it's hard to say when you aren't living in that moment. There are moments when I see Pacquiao tearing into Barrera, playing yo-yo with Marquez, and slugging it out with Morales that I swear Pacquiao is the greatest ASIAN fighter of all time.

...and how about reminiscing Ceferino Garcia trading bolo punches with Fred Apostoli, Henry Armstrong and Barney Ross... Flash Elorde outboxing Ismael Laguna (who holds a W against the great Lightweight Carlos Ortiz) and Sandy Saddler (who owns the great featherweight Willie Pep)...Pancho Villa mugging Jimmy Wilde (considered as 'the Greatest Flyweight of all time')...

yep, it's tough to decide who's who...but, at the moment Pancho Villa still holds the distinction as 'the greatest Asian fighter in boxing history' and Flash Elorde as 'the greatest Filipino fighter of all time'. let's see how Pacquiao's career pans out in the following years..he's surely catching up

Comment

Originally posted by mr. bojangles View Post
                    ...and how about reminiscing Ceferino Garcia trading bolo punches with Fred Apostoli, Henry Armstrong and Barney Ross... Flash Elorde outboxing Ismael Laguna (who holds a W against the great Lightweight Carlos Ortiz) and Sandy Saddler (who owns the great featherweight Willie Pep)...Pancho Villa mugging Jimmy Wilde (considered as 'the Greatest Flyweight of all time')...

yep, it's tough to decide who's who...but, at the moment Pancho Villa still holds the distinction as 'the greatest Asian fighter in boxing history' and Flash Elorde as 'the greatest Filipino fighter of all time'. let's see how Pacquiao's career pans out in the following years..he's surely catching up
                    would a win against morales do anything more for pac's career(legacy,status etc)? or a fight with barera and marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. bojangles View Post

The thing is that I'm young, I'm only 19. Fight fans and pundits all tend to favor the guys who fought in their era, it's just a flaw in humans that we can't always put things in proper perspective. I have seen many films with Elorde, Villa, and Garcia, but unless you're there and living in the moment and the atmosphere of the times, you can't properly appreciate it really. The same thing with Julio Cesar Chavez, people say I don't get him because he was a little before my time, which I would say I started to understand the sport around 1996.

Comment

Working...
                      X